latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add OTO Between Sign Up and Welcome Page

Home Forums Community Forum Add OTO Between Sign Up and Welcome Page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Michelle Mitchell 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 8th, 2012 at 11:18 am #7624

Greetings,

I have S2 on my free training site, but would like to have an OTO (One Time Offer) show up the first time a new user logs in. I considered placing it on the welcome page, but I think it would show up every time they log in instead of just the first time.

I’m sure there’s a way to do this simply, but I haven’t found it yet by searching the forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:17 am #10895

I would like to know the something.

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 11:46 am #10900
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

There is no native way to do this in the free version and I’m not sure about the pro version, but I don’t think so…

I would hook into the login processing with a hook like this in your functions.php file in your theme or your s2hacks.php file in wp-content/mu-plugins:

<?php
function my_oto_check($vars=array()){
	if($vars['logins'] == 1){
		wp_redirect(site_url('/oto-page-slug/')); //replace oto-page-slug with your page slug for your OTO page.
	}
}

add_action('ws_plugin__s2member_during_login_redirect','my_oto_check');
?>

I’ve not tested it thoroughly but that’s the basic idea.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 1:09 pm #10903

This is very much possible, and INCREDIBLY easy in S2member Pro.

There is an entire drop down menu that lets you specify which page you want a user to see the first, second, or twentieth time they log in.

It’s crazy easy to do, so I’d recommend going Pro, and this feature is added automatically, no code needed.

(But Dave’s answer is WAY smarter than mine… hehe)

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #41416

Hi, I am new to s2member and I just bought the pro version.
I went to the One-Time-Offers area but I still don’t know what I need to do as I am not a programmer.
Would you please kindly tell me the following:
1. What do I need to do to add an offer that they can see only the very first time they sign in?
2. How do I create the “offer”, for example I want to offer a lower subscription price if they sign up now.
3. Do I need to create a different sign up/subscribe page for this offer? If so, how? Or Is this a coupon code that is generated by S2 Pro?
Sorry, this is very new to me.
Thank you for your help.
Michelle

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 9:43 am #41608
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I’m just going off the instructions in the OTO section of s2member, so I’ve not tested this.

Basic Steps:
1. Create an OTO page with info and buttons etc. as a new page that is not connected via menu or anything and publish it.
2. Copy the page’s URL to use in the OTO section.
3. Add the right “code” into the textbox in the OTO section of s2member.
4. If you don’t need to filter the OTO’s by user level, just omit it from the “code.”

— Your Questions —

1. OTO for first time. FORMAT -> Number of logins : Member Level (if required) : OTO Page URL

1:http://yoursite.com/oto-url

If you only want to show the OTO to say, level 0 users, then try this:

1:0:http://yoursite.com/oto-url

2 & 3. See step 1 in basic steps – just create a page with your OTO info and subscription/payment buttons. S2member lets you create multiple subscription buttons with different values, as you probably know. So just create the new button and add it to the new OTO page.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 11:23 pm #41639

Thank you very much! Is there anyway to make this page not accessible after it is shown to the subscribers? I set it up to only show when they (the free registered members level 0, non-paying) log on the very first time, but I notice I can go on that page any time if I knew the URL or just go through my history page file. Thanks. Michelle

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.