latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add price options on top of what I have now.

Home Forums Community Forum Add price options on top of what I have now.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:34 pm #9770
Deyson Ortiz
Username: deyson

Hello.

For the last 2 years I have had one price for yearly membership for my website, where members can download all the content for the whole year for one price: http://motion-master-templates.com/join

Recently I thought of adding some additional price options.
The two options will be:
Download 4 templates for one $30.00 and Download 1 template for $10.00.
Right now all my products are set to S2member level 1.

My questions are:

– What would be the best way to add the new price points? Do I create new pro payment forms for each of the 2 new price points?

– Do I need to make changes to the level member number of my products? I would rather not as this would entail major work.

So the end result is that a new customer will have the option to become a yearly member or be able to download 1 or 4 templates of their choosing depending on which option they choose: http://motion-master-templates.com/

Any ideas or recommendations would be much appreciated. I thought this would be a great idea for people that would like to spend less and download a fewer amount of templates.

Thank you and have an awesome day! :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 1:00 pm #9772

Good question. I want to setup 2 price plans, one for one year and another one for a two-year membership. Any suggestions would be fantastic. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:11 pm #9801
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Deyson & Kinga, thanks for your inquiries.
If I understood correctly, and I believe I did, you will want to consider CCaps (Custom Capabilities), these allow you to offer an unlimited amount of products, all at different prices.

You might be interested in this video by Jason on the subject of custom capabilities:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Also, Jason shows a more advanced way of CCaps. CCaps can be as easy as generating a button:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="cristian.websharks-inc.net" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

and in the ccaps=”” value you put the name of the various CCaps, please note that they’re case sensitive:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ccap1,ccap2,ccap3" desc="Bronze Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="cristian.websharks-inc.net" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Then, in the page that you want to protect, in the top-right corner of the screen you put the name of the CCaps you want to protect that page with:

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:53 pm #9811
Deyson Ortiz

Hello Eduan, thank you for the response.

Just to confirm, I would like to keep the yearly membership option for unlimited downloads. I just want to add the 2 more options:

– One option will limit the person to one single download of a product (not a page) and then they will be locked out.
– The other option will limit the person to 4 downloads of my products and then they will be locked out.
– And the final option is the one I have now which will allow unlimited downloads of all my products for a full year.

So to summarize, here are the three options:

1 – unlimited download of all products.
2 – 1 single download of any product.
3 – 2 downloads of any product.

The tricky part I guess is limiting different number of downloads per option, without having to change membership levels of all the products.

I hope I made sense :)

Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:22 pm #9882
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Deyson,

Download restrictions that control the number of downloads allowed are determined by the membership level (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions). In the scenario you described, I would recommend offering three different memberships and configuring each one with the necessary download restrictions.

If a member needs to be “upgraded” to a different membership level to obtain more downloads, you can present them with an upgrade form that allows them to pay for the upgrade: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms. Otherwise, to upgrade them manually, you’d simply edit their account and change their Role to the correct level.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:43 pm #9887
Deyson Ortiz

Thank you Raam.

Right now I have my site set with one payment level, s2member level 1, and I have the short code [s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)] set for every product.

Do I need to go in and add additional short codes for the two new membership levels to each and every product?
I would love to be able to avoid having to do that.

Also, is there a way I can monitor what has been downloaded from a member to better protect myself in case of a download is debated?

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 3:36 am #10129

Right now I have my site set with one payment level, s2member level 1, and I have the short code [s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)] set for every product.

Do I need to go in and add additional short codes for the two new membership levels to each and every product?

Do you mean you used conditionals instead of the access restrictions to manage access to the content? Then yes, you’d need to update your code with the new levels so they’re shown what they should.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 6:19 am #10137
Deyson Ortiz

Hello Critián,

Right now I am using [s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)] around ever download link.
To get the to work as above will I need to add [s2If current_user_is(s2member_level3)] to cover all three levels?

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 12:54 pm #10166

No, just change it to check if the user has access to s2Member Level 1, which Level 1, 2 and 3 users have.

[hilite pre_code]
[[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_level1)]
Some content for Members who are logged in with an s2Member Level >= 1.
[/s2If]]
[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:16 pm #10172
Deyson Ortiz

Thank you :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #10174

;)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.