latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Adding a copy of invoice?

Home Forums Community Forum Adding a copy of invoice?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:42 am #8531
cassel
Username: cassel

I am facing a new (and exciting) challenge. I will be selling a course, on my site, from someone else. I can set it up no problem with s2M as it will be similar to my other products, however, since the sale price will be split, i would like her to have a copy of an “invoice” or some other kind of email notification so she does not have on just rely on my word to say she sold 2, or 10 or none in a specific time period. Is there a way to do that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 1:32 am #8572
Staff Member
@cassel Forum rank/icon updated to “Advanced” user.
Thanks for your continued involvement Carole!

Tip: Your Gravatar image could be updated here: http://www.gravtar.com/
(this way we’ll have a face to put with your profile at s2Member.com)
~ optional of course

I am facing a new (and exciting) challenge. I will be selling a course, on my site, from someone else. I can set it up no problem with s2M as it will be similar to my other products, however, since the sale price will be split, i would like her to have a copy of an “invoice” or some other kind of email notification so she does not have on just rely on my word to say she sold 2, or 10 or none in a specific time period. Is there a way to do that?

There are a few different ways to go about this.

1. Add your partner’s email address to an API Notification for new payments.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications
(this would be a fast/simple approach)

2. OR: Ask your partner to install something like iDevAffiliate,
and then integrate this with your installation of s2Member.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Tracking -› Integrating iDevAffiliate®

3. OR: Create a custom script of your own, which you could then attach to s2Member’s API Notification for new payments. Your custom script can receive the amount, break things down, and send a custom email to your partner. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications

Create your custom PHP script, then give s2Member the URL leading to your custom script. When a new payment is processed, s2Member will notify your custom script, and your script can perform any additional action necessary. Your custom script can be configured with s2Member to receive variables in the query string.

http://www.example.com/my-script.php?txn_id=%%txn_id%%&amount=%%amount%%

Posted: Tuesday Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:40 pm #8638
cassel

Are any or all those options be specific to only some products as i dont want to bother her with ALL my sales.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:41 am #8737
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Carole,

The third option Jason suggested (creating a custom script that receives the data from s2Member and then sends the email), would allow you to filter the notifications down to a specific product.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:34 pm #8766
cassel

Before i get into such coding, would this be available in the next release of the s2Member?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 12:56 pm #8772
Raam Dev
Staff Member

It is something we will consider for a future version of s2Member, but at this time there are no details on what features will or will not be included in the next version.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:13 pm #8803
cassel

Ok, is that kind of coding accessible to a newbie like me or should i really go ask my developper? I am able to follow instructions very well!

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:03 pm #8832
Raam Dev
Staff Member

It’s definitely something you’ll want to talk to a developer about, as it would require having a fairly strong grasp of the PHP language.

Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 4:35 pm #8860
cassel

Oh…. :( too bad.
I wished i could have done it myself!

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.