latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon Payments

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon Payments

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 11:46 am #43709

Hi,

PayPal is getting more and more obnoxious and we are very hard looking into alternatives.

We want to benefit from the customer´s trust in Amazon.

Do you know when support for Amazon Payments will be integrated?

IMHO this is a major marketing advantage for s2member as well.

Best
Alex

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:21 am #43854

Hi Alexander.

Sorry, we don’t have a date for that. I added it to our feature requests, though.

Thanks! :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:07 pm #43893

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if this is possible with custom coding? Did you have a look at Amazon payments yet?

Do you have any resources on how to modify existing gateways?

I found this thread on DigitalRiver integration (http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/custom-payment-gateway-flowchart-overview/) and you talked about a major upcoming release where the API would be streamlined and integration of new gateways would be much easier. Is this already included in the current version(since the switch to the new numbering scheme one gets lost if there were major releases or not)? Where can I find documentation?

Best
Alex

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 5:33 pm #43996
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Do you know if this is possible with custom coding? Did you have a look at Amazon payments yet?

Do you have any resources on how to modify existing gateways?

It is possible with custom coding, here’s the clue on how to add new payment gateways: Pre Sale FAQs » Can I add support for other payment gateways?

I found this thread on DigitalRiver integration (http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/custom-payment-gateway-flowchart-overview/) and you talked about a major upcoming release where the API would be streamlined and integration of new gateways would be much easier. Is this already included in the current version(since the switch to the new numbering scheme one gets lost if there were major releases or not)? Where can I find documentation?

Not in the current s2Member, no. The payment gateways API will be very improved in the new s2Member being developed. We’ll make an announcement when it gets release and it’ll be very obvious that it changed. You’ll know when it happens. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Mar 9th, 2013 at 5:06 am #44145

Do you have any roadmap when this release will be published?

Honestly, I do not want to put in the effort on programming a custom connection to Amazon Payments only to find out in six weeks that a new API together with a new major release has been introduced!

And to be totally frank a “It´s ready when it´s ready” approach is a major PITA for a professional company. Apple gets away with it but IMHO it should be openly communicated when major releases are planned.

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:03 am #44262
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Do you have any roadmap when this release will be published?

It’s this year for sure, but we don’t have a beta for it yet. Or a date.

Honestly, I do not want to put in the effort on programming a custom connection to Amazon Payments only to find out in six weeks that a new API together with a new major release has been introduced!

Your efforts will not be wasted. It won’t be released until the later end of the year most probably.

And to be totally frank a “It´s ready when it´s ready” approach is a major PITA for a professional company. Apple gets away with it but IMHO it should be openly communicated when major releases are planned.

I agree. However with this it can’t be any other way. There’s lots of unplanned delays, like a new release of WordPress (which takes a while since he’s gotta adapt the current s2Member and the new s2Member), bug fixes, new features to current s2Member etc.

So, you can be sure beta will be released this year, and the full version as well, however we don’t have a set time for either of those, but you can expect it anywhere in the later part of the year. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.