latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon S3 Streaming problem

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon S3 Streaming problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Ronnie 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 9:49 am #43611
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Hi there,

I’m a little lost right now. I am sure it’s a trivial issue, I must be missing one crucial step.

I have my videos hosted on Amazon S3 and I would like to stream them via the JW-Player. I updated the relevant sections under “Download Restrictions” (entered my keys, etc.).

I am using this shortcode (which is embedded in one of my URLs):

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp-only" player_path="/de/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="Anfaengerkurs/gitarrenstunde1.mp4" /]

Here is the URL:

http://guitaringenuity.com/de/gitarrenstunde-1-begruessung-orientierung-und-grundregeln/

I understand that possibly more information is needed to get to the bottom of this. So please let me know what else you would need in order to help narrowing down the issue.

Your help is greatly appreciated – thank you.

Ulrich

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 11:34 am #43627
Ulrich Peise

Unfortunately, I now REALLY screwed things up big time. I made changes to my amazon aws keys and now I screwed up an existing installation of s2member pro – or to be more precise, my English Guitar Course which was running perfectly fine on s2member pro, now won’t show the course videos anymore.

Hopefully, this is easier to fix – can I please ask you to login to the course here:

http://guitaringenuity.com/wp-login.php?loggedout=true

User: Ulrich Peise
PW: gofelhead72

Then go to this URL and try to start the video:

http://guitaringenuity.com/guitar-courses/beginners-guitar-course/resource-section/guitar-lesson-3-e-minor-chord-and-d-major-chord

It now says: Server not found rtmtp://……….

Again, I believe this is because of the key changes in amazon AWS. At this point I am completely lost.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ulrich

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:28 am #43772

Hi Ulrich.

I tried loading the file directly and it says that your Basic Download Restriction is not set up. This would cause the videos to not load in the players. http://guitaringenuity.com/de/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/Anfaengerkurs/gitarrenstunde1.mp4

503: Basic File Downloads are NOT enabled yet. Please contact Support for assistance. If you are the site owner, please configure: s2Member -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions.

And the page you linked to shows the PHP code, looks like it’s not being executed. Make sure you have a PHP execution plugin installed and active. Knowledge Base » ezPHP Plugin for WordPress®

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 6:47 am #44346
Ulrich Peise

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for your response. I actually made the decision to move all my videos from amazon s3 cloudfront to vimeo. Yes, it did cost me $199 to sign-up for the PRO account which allows me to protect my videos, but it is just so much easier and it works like a charm. And for some reason that I don’t understand, the videos actually ‘look’ better.

Anyway, thanks again for your help – issue resolved.

Ulrich.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:15 am #44457
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

How do you protect your videos from being downloaded? Is the player customizable? Is the player integrateable on your website directly? Can I have have a look?

Currently we host over 500 full feature length movies using jw player with amazon CF, but its almost as if Amazons Cloudfront service is beginning to suck more and more.. I would like to compare with other players..

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.