latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Another forum question

Home Forums Community Forum Another forum question

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 5th, 2012 at 2:20 pm #7351
cassel
Username: cassel

I noticed that the “rating” system is different now. I wanted to ask the question in my previous thread but it was closed. Now, if i want to rate a specific post as helpful (or not), some posts seem to have the thumbs up and thumbs down icons, but not all. Even the same person, posting more than once in the same thread will sometimes have the icons and sometimes not. Am i dreaming those?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 3:58 am #7414
Staff Member

Yea, so sorry about that. We’re working through this issue now, and it should be resolved soon. We’re moving away from individual Post Ratings, and instead going to all User Ratings, so that one can see the value of a specific User collectively.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 8:54 am #7444
cassel

Is there a way to still rate or indicate somehow, the very useful posts? Sometimes, they might be a good reference for others. Just a thought.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #7469
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi cassel,

There is not currently a way to rate posts, however if you want to remember posts for your own reference, you can use the “Add to My Favorites” button at the top right of the thread and then access that list from your profile.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:48 pm #7476
cassel

While we are talking about forum behavior, i noticed that several posts have a video embedded, but it only displays as a half an inch wide, but full height. I wonder why i see it like that. It does not bother me as i know where to find them, but being embedded, some users might want to view directly and i am wondering if they see the same thing i see. (at 1/2 an inch wide, it is impossible to see!)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:57 pm #7513
Raam Dev
Staff Member

That’s interesting. It shouldn’t look like that. Could you try taking a screenshot and sharing that with us? Also, what web browser and version are you using?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:21 am #7539
cassel

I am using IE8 for the videos to display like this.

Not sure if it is showing or not.
In FF, it is fine.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #7556
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Thank you for the screenshot!

I’ve tracked this down as a browser compatibility issue, however it looks like it can be solved by adding a style attribute min-width:663px; to the enclosing video_frame DIV. I’ll will pass this on to Jason. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.