latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Apply Coupon Code to First Year Only

Home Forums Community Forum Apply Coupon Code to First Year Only

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:22 pm #19545
Mike Waller
Username: seozones

Hi there. I’m trying to use the coupon code feature in pro version but I don’t think I’m putting it in correctly. So I have an annual subscription set up on my page but want some of my clients to apply a $50 discount for the first year ONLY. Then after the first year, the recurring payment is made but at the regular amount. The coupon code I set up is:

50$OFF|50.00||ra-only|383

When I apply the coupon, it says: Coupon: $50.00 off. ( Now: $250.00 / yearly )

Here is my code on my page:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="This service..." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.domain.com" ra="300.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,discover" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]

What would I change above to make it so that if that coupon code above is entered (50$OFF), the first year is charged $250.00 but recurring billing after this first year is charged at the $300.00 rate?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 4:42 am #19596
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

You need to add an Initial/Trial period to your Pro-Form that equals the yearly recurring amount. So, your Initial/Trial amount would be $300, with the yearly recurring amount also at $300.

Then when you create your coupon, you want to apply the discount only to the Initial/Trial amount (50$OFF|50.00||ta-only|383). When the user applies that coupon to the Pro-Form, it will deduct $50 from the Initial/Trial amount of $300–charging them $250 the first time–and then charge them $300 every year thereafter.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 11:45 am #19648
Mike Waller
Username: seozones

The issue is that the trial type and interval can’t be the same as regular amount which I changed and that works now, thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 10:31 pm #19707
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Glad to help, Mike!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.