latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

automate mail chimp email upon cancellation?

Home Forums Community Forum automate mail chimp email upon cancellation?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 3rd, 2013 at 1:15 pm #52960
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Hello,
I’ve looked all around but can’t find information on how to automate the sending of a Mailchimp email in response to a member cancellation.

The closest thing was the automating of removal from my Mailchimp list upon cancellation, which I am considering…but can the sending of the “goodbye and thank you” email be put in place somehow?

To send them out in small batches via Mailchimp is very time-consuming…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 4th, 2013 at 6:54 am #53003

Well, the cancellation would cause a demotion to Level 0 normally, so you could have a MailChimp list for Level 0 with that good-bye email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› MailChimp® -> Level 0[/hilite]

Or you could do the good-bye email without MailChimp, instead use the cancellation notification to load a script that emails the good-bye message. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Cancellation Notifications[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Jul 4th, 2013 at 5:40 pm #53020
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Hmmm…the first option would be great, but there isn’t a list created at Mailchimp when someone cancels. So, if there isn’t a list, I don’t think Mailchimp will work…right? I have an email newsletter all set to go out, but I don’t see how s2member would communicate to Mailchimp to send it out. Tho’ if Mailchimp could work, this would be the best option.

As for the second option…I’ve watched the videos about scripting notifications and am just lost. They are obviously meant for developers. I’ve found some other articles and guidance, but again, it is a foreign language to me. Is there any simple code or directions you can give me to make this work?

With thanks!

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:58 pm #53067
cassel
Username: cassel

Krum has developed a plugin to integrate s2M with MC bidirectionally. I am not sure it currently has that function you are looking for, but you might want to drop him a note. Here is the link to the plugin, to have something to start with:
http://krumch.com/2013/05/18/kc-s2mmc-pro-was-born//?ap_id=Cassel

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.