latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

automate welcome email with mail chimp?

Home Forums Community Forum automate welcome email with mail chimp?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 3:09 pm #46486
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

I’ve reviewed all sorts of topics and videos and still can’t find that answers to a few questions:

-Is it possible to automate a Welcome letter (mailchimp style with a photo or two and simple message) when a new member signs up?

-How do I do that?

Everything I can find deals with problematic situations with many levels or the emails that Mailchimp sends as part of their newsletter signup process.

I have been manually sending personalized emails when I receive the New User Registration email as the last step in the membership process. It is much too much work!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:00 pm #46544
cassel
Username: cassel

Did you customize your Mail Chimp welcome emails? I seem to remember that it was pretty straightforward to set up directly in Mail Chimp.

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 9:49 am #46610
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Well, I did find out that there is a “final Welcome email” as part of the Mailchimp opt-in process…tho’ it seemed to be more a “welcome to receiving updates” setup than a “welcome to the site and here is what you might expect” sort of approach.

I will look at it again with fresh eyes and see if it can be adapted.

And I was slightly concerned that those who opted out of the updates wouldn’t receive the welcome message…tho’ I think that would be rare to opt out.

Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:10 am #46616
cassel
Username: cassel

Since you can customize that Welcome page, you can put all the information you need for your particular site. You can put the header from your site, include pertinent links, etc. I think it should do what you need it to do.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.