latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Automated Notification

Home Forums Community Forum Automated Notification

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  BlogDiva 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:45 pm #20824

How do you set up a notification so that the members are notified 30 days before the EOT?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:09 pm #20826
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not sure it is done in s2M. I use MailChimp and the autoresponder to notify my members their membership is due for renewal. Since s2M is not a mailing service, i dont think it does that (unless in very recent upgrades).

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:11 pm #20827

Are you able to put end dates in Mail chimp?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:40 pm #20828
cassel
Username: cassel

I think there might be a way to get it automated (i do it manually on each user, but i have a very small list). I know i have a subsription that is for 6 months, so i send an automated email after 5 months. I am not sure if i could go in reverse, since i never had any other date than the start date. I would assume someone with programming skills could do that and possibly get the EOT date into MC, and then configure the autoresponder based on that date.

Hopefully someone can have a more definite answer, but you might need to check with the mailing list provider to see if you can set an autoresponder as “before a date”, and then check how you can transfer the EOT from s2M to MC (or any other mailing service)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 1:32 am #20872
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Depending on the membership/product you’re selling, the member’s account may or may not have and EOT set (s2Member sets the EOT when it receives the EOT message from PayPal at the end of the subscription), in which case there may not be an easy way to determine 30 days beforehand that their account will EOT in 30 days.

As cassel mentioned, it would take a bit of complex programming to get this set up. If you need to hire someone to do this, we recommend jobs.wordpress.net.

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:01 am #21218

Thank you for responding. I will speak with a programmer.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.