latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2M MailChimp sync now available

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks s2M MailChimp sync now available

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 5:32 pm #23352
cassel
Username: cassel

I know it has been mentioned and askes several times in the past, and i also thought it would be convenient to have a bidirectional communication between s2M and MC. Currently, registering through s2M will create an account in MC, but not the other way around. If a user changes an email in MC, it is not changed in s2M.

In order to reduce the amount of manual updating to do (which can amount to a lot if you have a large number of members), i have asked a programmer if he could do something like that. And he did.

Here are some current features of his s2M+MC plugin:
– you can opt in through the MC form and an account will be created in s2M
– changes of name, or email on the MC, by the user or the admin, will automatically be synchronized in s2M
– if you create or import members in MC, matching accounts are created in s2M
– if a member is deleted from MC, the same account is deleted in s2M

ONce installed, you can sync MC -> s2M and it will tell you how many members are on your MC list but not on the s2M and you can “import them” in s2M in one click (this, based on email address so you might still need some manual cleaning, but only once, at the start).

If you are interested in purchasing that plugin (which works independantly from s2M so is not likely to be affected by s2M undates), contact me at — cassel at creationcassel dot com —

It is possible that this will be part of the next major s2M release but if you need it before it is available, just contact me.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  cassel.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:12 am #26184

Hi Cassel;

I am interested, and sent you an email. Just wanted to make sure you received it.

Thanks,
Debbie

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 am #26186
cassel

Yes i did and i replied to it too.

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:38 am #26187
cassel

Another GREAT advantage of this plugin is that you can use the MailChimp® signup embed form or link anywhere and it will still recognize that the list is associated with your s2M installation. It means you can use the embed code or the link code on a totally different site, in your signature in forums, or even in your emails, and it will still communicate with s2M and create an account there if a new member joins through your MailChimp® forms.

Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 11:55 am #26192
cassel

Deleted because i thought this plugin would do something, but s2M wont let it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:47 am #45556
cassel

Just adding the direct link to the plugin:
http://krumch.com/2012/08/24/kc-bidirectional-integration-of-s2member-with-mailchimp/?ap_id=Cassel

If a mod can include this link in the OP, it would be appreciated. I can’t seem to find a way to edit it.

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 12:30 pm #50180
cassel

One new feature has been added to this great plugin for a Pro version: you can now delete duplicates or move members from one list to the other without triggering a deletion of the account in s2M.

This allows more flexibility than before (and save you money since MC will charge duplicates as 2 subscribers!).

http://krumch.com/2012/08/24/kc-bidirectional-integration-of-s2member-with-mailchimp/#Pro/?ap_id=Cassel

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.