latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Buddypress Registration Issue

Home Forums Community Forum Buddypress Registration Issue

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 1:23 pm #20093

Hi,

I want to buy the pro version since it is supported as I just setup a paid membership site for a professional organization unless this issue can’t be resolved. I setup the free version with Buddypress and after the Paypal process completes the link to register redirects to the membership options page not the registration page so the user is a “paid member” but can’t complete sign-up on the site by himself. Is this a limitation of the free version and this feature works in the pro version?

Thank You.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:48 am #20186

Hi Spencer.

That’s not normal behavior, there’s something off in your installation that’s causing it.

Could you do a new test live purchase, 1 cent is fine, and when you get taken to the Membership Options page, copy the URL in the browser’s address bar. The URL will include variables that show what restriction is being applied and what to. Then you can check why it’s restricted and remove the restriction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

Also, please enable logging, so more information is available to debug any problems. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Please let me know how it goes. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 8:29 am #20193
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:50 am #20201

If this is fixable does it make sense to buy the pro version and get some focused support?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:44 pm #20261
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Spencer,

Is the button you’re using a PayPal-hosted button that you manually integrated with s2Member? If so, you may have a parameter saved in the PayPal button Advanced options that is causing this problem.

With s2Member Pro, you’re given access to the success=”” shortcode attribute that allows you to specify the URL the user should be redirected to after a successful purchase. Once you’ve upgraded, you can simply add that shortcode to any existing s2Member-generated shortcodes and specify the page users should be redirected to after purchase.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 10:27 pm #20267

The button was generated by S2member using the tool that is part of the admin dashboard. I still don’t understand why there is a problem since I used the Buddypress native template and installed S2 with no modifications so why wouldn’t the registration process just work?

After purchasing a membership the person needs to fill in the registration form to create a username and password when returned to the site from Paypal. That part should be academic.

I’ll purchase the pro version so I can get formal support for this issue.

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:52 am #20302

Thanks for the info.

Then it takes you here:
http://swcas.org/wp-login.php?action=register

Then it takes you here:
http://swcas.org/register-2/

Which is weird because that is not even a page on the site?

This seems BuddyPress’ doing, because it takes over the registration process. I don’t know why the BuddyPress registration form isn’t showing there, though. If you deactivate BuddyPress for a moment and go to /wp-login.php?action=register do you still get the redirection? If you deactivate s2Member for a moment and go to the BuddyPress registration page, do you now get the form?

You can do without the BuddyPress registration and do everything with s2Member Pro pro-forms, if you want. There are pro-forms to sell access and let the user register right there at the beginning of the checkout process, and there’s a pro-form for free registrations if you allow those. The pro-forms don’t require PayPal Pro, you can use them with just PayPal’s Express Checkout which is free and the user experience is similar to the PayPal Standard buttons one.

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 4:25 pm #20338

I installed the S2 Pro this morning and used a pro form to set up new user registration and now it all runs like a Swiss watch!

Thanks for the help.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 8:09 am #20394

Awesome! That’s great news! Thanks for the update.

I’m glad I could help and that it’s running smoothly now. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.