latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Buddypress Registration Issue

Home Forums Community Forum Buddypress Registration Issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 7:54 pm #20019

I have a Buddypress site that is having an issue with new member signup. The Paypal portion works like it should but after they are returned to the website from Paypal (or clicking the link on the new user email) the page with the link to register is getting redirected back to the original signup page which is the behavior when a page or post that is level1 member only access is clicked.

This seems like an issue where S2 Member thinks the new user signup page requires a user to already be logged in to access it.

I have used S2 Member on regular WP sites and it works like a charm but this is the first time I have tried it with Buddypress. When manually creating members the members only pages are working properly so it is just this signup issue.

There are some other posts about this issue but none with resolutions.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 9:32 pm #20024

I ran another test signup through Paypal. After Paypal successfully charges the credit card it shows a link to return to the site (and sends an email) with a shortened version. The url is very long and integrates with S2member. That link shows a page with another link that says “Please Register Now (Click Here)” and should take you to this page:

http://www.domain.com/wp-login.php?action=register

But is getting redirected to this:

http://www.domain.com/register/

How do I fix this this?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:41 pm #20117
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Spencer,

Could you please do a compatibility test with your theme and your plugins you have installed?

For the theme you should just change to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven).

And for the plugins simply disable all of them, and if the problem is gone, then activate them one-by-one until it comes back again, and you’ve got your culprit.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:54 pm #20119

Hi Eduan,

The website has Buddypress installed and that is where the issue is, between BP and S2. I have installed S2Member on other sites (no Buddypress) and it works just fine.

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 1:58 pm #20694
S2MemNewbie
Username: ashford

I think I’m having a similar issue. What’s the status on this?

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 5:17 pm #20708
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Spencer,

See the answer I gave here:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-change-default-registration-page/#post-20707

Basically I said, you gotta ask the BuddyPress people, just ask them how to change the registration page or URL.

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.