latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Button Generator Not Working

Home Forums Community Forum Button Generator Not Working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:07 am #22104

When I use the button Generator the code is not moving the sales amount into paypal. The amount is showing $0.00 and the price is $497.00. See Code below

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ssreaugust" desc="Success in Senior Real Course 1 payment $497" ps="srei" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="seniorsrealestateinstitute.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="497.00" rp="6" rt="M" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

When I get to paypal after click on the link I can manual input the $497.00 and that will work.

What am I missing? This is a 1 time charge of $497.00 for 6 months access.

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:50 am #22111
cassel
Username: cassel

Try this code:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ssreaugust" desc="Success in Senior Real Course 1 payment $497" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="seniorsrealestateinstitute.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="497.00" rp="6" rt="M" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

your code included ps=”srei” instead of ps=”paypal” Not sure if it was intended or just a typo.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:04 pm #22115

SREI is a checkout page format that I have setup in Paypal and I have tried it with paypal also. Thank you for the information and I am still getting 0.00 for item and total when I click on the link and go to Paypal.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:01 pm #22130
cassel
Username: cassel

Sorry it didn’t help. I am sure a support rep will be able to add more useful information for you.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:03 am #22190
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Chris,

Please try the following shortcode. If that causes the same problem, could you share the link to the page where you have this button so we can look at the page source and test the button?

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ssreaugust" desc="Success in Senior Real Course 1 payment $497" ps="srei" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="seniorsrealestateinstitute.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="497.00" rp="6" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:22 am #22220

Raam,

I replaced it with your short code and now I get an error from Paypal saying “Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.”

This is where the button is located
http://seniorsrealestateinstitute.com/ssre

Thank you for you help!
Chris

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 8:51 am #22225

Chris, you seem to be having a shortcode parsing problem, most likely caused by the theme or another plugin.

As a test, could you change the theme to the default one and reload the page with the buttons? Does the problem continue?

If that dosen’t fix it, could you deactivate other plugins and test the button after each until you don’t get the error again?

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 1:39 pm #22263

Cristián,

Thank you for the help and I have changed to the default theme and deactivated the plugins with the same results. This is becoming increasing frustrating.

So, we have ruled out theme, and plugins. What else can I attempt to get this to work?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:51 am #22314

Hmm… weird, I’ve only seen it happen with the theme or a plugin. The default WP installation with s2Member doesn’t have that issue.

Well, you could try the TrueEdit plugin, using it to remove all the filters except [hilite mono]do_shortcode[/hilite]. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/trueedit/

Let me know if it helps.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 8:14 am #22324

Cristián,

After adding true edit and disabling do_shortcode it then displays the short code on my page:

See Below:

2 easy payments of $297

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ssreaugust" desc="2 Payments of $297 for Live Course and Six Months Access" ps="srei" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="seniorsrealestateinstitute.com" ta="297.00" tp="1" tt="M" ra="297.00" rp="5" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
OR

Save and make one payment of $497

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="ssreaugust" desc="Success in Senior Real Course 1 payment $497" ps="srei" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="seniorsrealestateinstitute.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="497.00" rp="6" rt="M" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
(Attention Brokers: Call about special pricing for multiple registrations)

What is next? There has to be away for this to work.

Chris

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:13 am #22341

No, you need do_shortcode to parse the shortcodes. I meant disabling the other filters and leaving just do_shortcode.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:44 am #22348

I tried that and I had the same issue as in the beginning. It still doesn’t move the price to paypal checkout screen.

What is next?

Chris

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 7:27 am #22426

Hmm…

Could you test this in a clean installation or WordPress? Install a new WP in a directory and add only s2Member to it, configure the PayPal settings and post the shortcode for your buttons in a page. See if you have the A3, P3, and T3 parameters error then too.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.