latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BYPASS Thankyou Page Not Workign

Home Forums Community Forum BYPASS Thankyou Page Not Workign

This topic contains 57 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:08 pm #18228

&s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success=http://…

Does not redirect to the URL – instead it puts it inside a Click This Button
http://screencast.com/t/oRzejm8fd6Vi

How do we bypass this page totally, do we really need it?

Ricky

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:21 pm #18229

OK issues here – besides the one above – The IPN is not creating the account
Here is the LOG

PHP v5.3.10 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120622 :: s2Member® Pro v120622
Memory 29.61 MB :: Real Memory 30.25 MB :: Peak Memory 29.69 MB :: Real Peak Memory 30.25 MB
xxx.com/members/?s2member_pro_clickbank_notify=1
User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ClickBank® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> ClickBank® Options.’,
1 => ‘If you\’re absolutely SURE that your ClickBank® configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ClickBank® over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘array (
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_notify\’ => \’1\’,
\’ctransamount\’ => \’8872\’,
\’cprodtitle\’ => \’Mastermind – VIP Inner Circle Membership\’,
\’ctranspaymentmethod\’ => \’TEST\’,
\’cverify\’ => \’6914AFAD\’,
\’ccustemail\’ => \’xxx@gmail.com\’,
\’cprodtype\’ => \’RECURRING\’,
\’ctransaffiliate\’ => \’\’,
\’ccustcc\’ => \’US\’,
\’ctransreceipt\’ => \’KMHREJ9Q\’,
\’ccustname\’ => \’JvWith Ricky\’,
\’cvendthru\’ => \’s2_p3=1+M&s2_p1=0+D&s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1&s2_subscr_id=s2-4ff36e081c013&s2_custom=xxx.com&_s2member_sig=1341353480-99e3157ccb300f26791c048b16bb6c73&s2_desc=MasterMind+Inner+Circle+%2F+description+and+pricing+details+here.&s2_invoice=2&s2_customer_ip=96.57.136.xx&\’,
\’caffitid\’ => \’\’,
\’ctransaction\’ => \’TEST_SALE\’,
\’ccuststate\’ => \’NJ\’,
\’ctranstime\’ => \’1341353518\’,
\’ctranspublisher\’ => \’sixfigmax\’,
\’cproditem\’ => \’2\’,
)’,
),
)

Ok what this is telling me here is that the POST vars are not being read or inserted. Obviously the IPN is working
as the LOG is being created. Also I checked everything.. $_POST is working and the clickbank configuration is valid

Need some help on this one here

Ricky

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 6:27 pm #18230

Ok more to add that may help. It seems that it the POST vars are verified but then it SAYS the
API keys are not configured properly. However the account is still test mode – so would that matter
on the API keys?

array (
0 => ‘Return-Data received on: Wed Jul 4, 2012 12:12:43 am CEST’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified with ClickBank®.’,
2 => ‘Sleeping for 5 seconds. Giving ClickBank® a chance to finalize processing.’,
3 => ‘Awake. It\’s Wed Jul 4, 2012 12:12:48 am CEST. Processing will continue.’,
4 => ‘Unable to obtain API vars. The ClickBank® API may NOT have data for this order yet. Or, your ClickBank® API Keys are NOT configured properly under `s2Member -> ClickBank® Options`.’,
5 => ‘array (
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_return\’ => \’1\’,
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success\’ => \’http://xxx.com/inner-circle/\’,
\’item\’ => \’1\’,
\’cbreceipt\’ => \’KMHREJ7Q\’,
\’time\’ => \’1341353355\’,
\’cbpop\’ => \’46206500\’,
\’cbaffi\’ => \’0\’,
\’cname\’ => \’JvWith Ricky\’,
\’cemail\’ => \’xxx@gmail.com\’,
\’ccountry\’ => \’US\’,
\’czip\’ => \’07731\’,
\’s2_invoice\’ => \’1\’,
\’s2_p1\’ => \’0 D\’,
\’s2_p3\’ => \’1 M\’,
\’s2_desc\’ => \’MasterMind Members / description and pricing details here.\’,
\’s2_custom\’ => \’xxx.com\’,
\’s2_customer_ip\’ => \’96.57.136.xx\’,
\’s2_subscr_id\’ => \’s2-4ff36d89b7021\’,
\’_s2member_sig\’ => \’1341353353-6fe4c174e9a2a4de53cfc5c52688a7ad\’,
)’,
6 => ‘Return-Data reformulated. Piping through s2Member\’s core/standard PayPal® processor with `proxy_use` ( `ty-email` ).’,
7 => ‘Please check PayPal® RTN logs for further processing details.’,
8 => ‘http://xxx.com/members/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return&s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=clickbank&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=standard-emails%2Cty-email&s2member_paypal_return_success=http%3A%2F%2Fsxxx.com%2Finner-circle%2F&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=1341353568-a41a94166dcfdf5623f8250d0ee2a3de’,
),
)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:34 am #18271

Hi Ricky.

Test CB purchases should work fine if all is set up properly, doesn’t matter if the product wasn’t approved yet.

Could you please send all the logs in your s2member-logs folder? Including the “PayPal” ones. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

About the ClickBank integration, did you verify that every setting is correctly filled?

One mistake I see done normally is not setting the IPN to version 2.1 in ClickBank. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› IPN v2.1 Integration[/hilite]

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 11:51 am #18396

Hey Ignore the email i just sent to your support form, It started working once I changed it to 2.1 :)

Now few things here, i guess i’m confused with the process

1) &s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success=http://…

I need to bypass this page.

2) I see that it sends out an email from s2 with a link to create an account after purchase
how do i view users that are pending registration but did not signup yet?

3) Where do i modify the create account form (were using Buddy Press)

4) I have an upsell after the 1st clickbank purchase (which is a level 2 upgrade)
so if they buy the upgrade and go through the clickbank checkout again. Will s2 upgrade
the account?

5) Is there a way i can use clickbanks 1click Upsell here?

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 7:32 am #18460

Hey Ignore the email i just sent to your support form, It started working once I changed it to 2.1 :)

Great!

1) &s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success=http://…

I need to bypass this page.

That’s odd… You should be taken to the URL, not just given the link. Could you check your logs to make sure everything’s fine with the checkout?

I can confirm it works because I’ve setup ClickBank with s2Member before to use this and it redirected one to the URL after checkout. Actually, the thank-you URL for the product in ClickBank didn’t have the variable, so I created a very simple hack in my mu-plugins dir:

[hilite pre_code]
2) I see that it sends out an email from s2 with a link to create an account after purchase
how do i view users that are pending registration but did not signup yet?

You mean a list of people that paid but haven’t register yet? No, s2Member doesn’t have this yet. We’re improving it in the new s2 being developed, but I don’t know what to suggest to do it in the current one.

3) Where do i modify the create account form (were using Buddy Press)

If you’re using the BuddyPress registration form, you’d need to check with them how to customize it. Or do you mean the custom profile fields that s2Member makes possible? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

4) I have an upsell after the 1st clickbank purchase (which is a level 2 upgrade)
so if they buy the upgrade and go through the clickbank checkout again. Will s2 upgrade
the account?

If they were logged in to the account when they clicked the ClickBank button generated with the shortcode, then yes.

Are they both single payments, both recurring, or mixed?

5) Is there a way i can use clickbanks 1click Upsell here?

Sorry, this is not supported yet.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:20 pm #18491

Hey Thanks for getting back to me

1)

<?php
if (!empty($_GET['s2member_pro_clickbank_return']))
$_GET['s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success'] = 'http://yoursite.com/thank-you&#039;;

Where do I put this? I dont see a mu_plugin dir

2) Thats fine I will create my own, however. I need to know a few things, where does the Token
thats in the email creation link (http://screencast.com/t/mVmlvr83Mb) stored? Like I after
successfull checkout. I want the user to be taken to the signup page immediatly. Not wait for
and email. This will cause us plently of support headaches, as i have experince in my market.

Also, how does it verify that it was a successfull payment, so that the use can create an account
I do not see any custom DB tables that would store this info. Can you please advise how this
process works so i can code the solutions I need here

3) Thanks!

4&5) These are both recurring. Now say the user buys the First Recurring product. He will be sent to
an upsell where we will offer another recurring upgrade. The way it is now. This will make the user
go through the clickbank checkout proccess twice, and create 2 subscriptions. Which is fine
however I was talking to a former clickbank employee about the upsell process. All they do is
store the payment data for that session internally, and then when the user clicks the upsell button
it simply rebills the user and then it goes to the thank you page. I dont know all the variables yet
but this would be cool if s2 would keep this in mind on a future release.

Thanks!
Ricky

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 10:53 pm #18510

Where do I put this? I dont see a mu_plugin dir

/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php

If you don’t have the folder or file, just create it. :)

2) Thats fine I will create my own, however. I need to know a few things, where does the Token
thats in the email creation link (http://screencast.com/t/mVmlvr83Mb) stored? Like I after
successfull checkout. I want the user to be taken to the signup page immediatly. Not wait for
and email. This will cause us plently of support headaches, as i have experince in my market.

The short link is created in this file: s2member\includes\classes\utils-urls.inc.php. The link isn’t stored anywhere, it’s just sent to the user. You could hack the file to save a copy of the link somewhere.

You can use other URL shortening services, too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service[/hilite]

Also, how does it verify that it was a successfull payment, so that the use can create an account
I do not see any custom DB tables that would store this info. Can you please advise how this
process works so i can code the solutions I need here

When the person is taken from ClickBank to your site’s [hilite mono]s2member_pro_clickbank_return[/hilite] URL, s2Member reviews the data ClickBank includes there and s2Member, after confirming the payment was done, sets a cookie in the user’s browser that will let him register (even when registrations are closed) and give him the access he just paid for.

There are rare exceptions when s2 can’t confirm the payment right away because of a delay in ClickBank, so the user won’t be able to register with a regular link to the registration page, but the special registration link in the Confirmation Email will still be sent as soon as possible and that link includes authentication that will let him register and give the paid access to the new account too.

The successful payment is not stored in the database either, only in the logs if you have those enabled. If the registration link is being sent in the confirmation email, then the payment was successful in s2Member’s eyes, and you could go with that.

4&5) These are both recurring.

I see. s2Member currently only works with a single subscription. If the user started a new subscription, then s2Member would replace the previous one with the new one.

Now say the user buys the First Recurring product. He will be sent to
an upsell where we will offer another recurring upgrade. The way it is now. This will make the user
go through the clickbank checkout proccess twice, and create 2 subscriptions. Which is fine
however I was talking to a former clickbank employee about the upsell process. All they do is
store the payment data for that session internally, and then when the user clicks the upsell button
it simply rebills the user and then it goes to the thank you page. I dont know all the variables yet
but this would be cool if s2 would keep this in mind on a future release.

Yes, this, and several things related to the previous points mentioned, are being improved in or considered for the new s2Member being developed. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 9:37 pm #18635

Hi

Can you point me to the files that handle the subscription logic for clickbank? I need to write
some custom code to be able to handle 2 subscriptions and not lock out a user because last
subscription issue above.

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 9:50 pm #18636

s2member-pro\includes\classes\gateways\clickbank but it processes it partly through the PayPal code. And you’d also need to modify the EOT code so it knows how to handle the EOT behavior for separate subscriptions, too.

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 9:53 pm #18637

Ok – I love the challenge, tho im on a tight time schedule. Is there any way I can contract you for custom work, as you seem to know the code already. I mean ill have no choice but to hack at it. But I figured Id ask :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:13 pm #18638

I’m sorry, we’re not taking customization jobs, Jason’s hands are full at the moment. :/

Ok – I love the challenge, tho im on a tight time schedule.

Yeah, I know how that is.

And you need to have two subscriptions in a single blog? Wouldn’t it work to have a separate blog for each?

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:55 am #18668

Hey Cristian

Unfortunately, the second subscription is just an upgrade to access more areas in the members site. What would really need to happen is – If user is Level 1 and EOT then level 0 OR if user is level 2 and EOT then level 1.

The issue with that logic. Is if they cancel level 1 & 2 – and they are level 2, then EOT should be level 0
But that’s more impossible to do, because were not storing thr subscription data. So I would have to store the
subscription data and then do the logic based on that.

So that sparks a question. How does s2 know to upgrade a current user to level 2 and the EOT a level 2?
if there is no subscription data held. Im guessing this is all by IPN

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #18702

OK, after looking through the code that is very deeply nested in architecture, a little guidence in code flow
would help tremendously.

1) Where does it downgrade or upgrade a member, i see that it funnels through PayPal. So im trying to figure out
where it actually – 1 inserts the member, or stores the meta data.. I see something from the IPN is being
stored waiting on user signup, to be verified. I cant seem to find it tho

2) If you can explain the flow process a bit here would be greatly helpful.

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 6:05 pm #18708

Hey Guys

The code is WAY to embeded to store 2 subscriptions. It seems that 80% of the code needs to be
rewriiten to do this.. unless i’m missing something here

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 6:09 pm #18709

it be nice if you can get the lead devloper here, to post his thoughts on the registration flow.. cause I see 2 sets of paypals files and alot of redirects.. its just way to complex of code to start hackin at without knowing some things about it first… i’m on a tight schedule here.. so your guidance in getting some of these questions here will help greatly

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 7:30 pm #18720
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

I may be missing something here, but s2Member already supports multiple levels of membership without any code changes.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 7:43 pm #18724

Lee, what he’s trying to hack is supporting multiple subscriptions (recurring payments) with separate EOTs for a single user.

Richard, that’s partly why we’re rewriting s2Member. :)

I’m emailing Jason now in case he has any tips for you to do this.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 8:21 pm #18730

Hey Guys

Thanks for helping out here, the code flow is just so embeded and there is so much verfication going on
that its hard for me to pinpoint what needs to be done.

The other thing that needs to be done here, is after the sucessfull purchase, i need to take the user
1st to the thank you page, 2nd to the register page. Right now it seems that the tinyurl link
is being processed by the IPN in the background. I just need to know where the verification happens
that allows the user to register, so I can put a link to the register from the thank you page.

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:49 pm #18738

Well, if you want to have the registration form in the same thank-you page, then you can do your own verification whether or not the person just paid successfully or not. If he did, show the registration pro-form, with the proper level and ccaps. This registration form will let anyone register, even if registrations are closed, so make sure you only show it to someone that qualifies.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:08 pm #18744

Hey Cristian

Im trying to get the register link into continue button on the thank you page
I see

$registration_url = c_ws_plugin__s2member_register_access::register_link_gen ($paypal["subscr_gateway"], $paypal["subscr_id"], $paypal["custom"], $paypal["item_number"])

But I have NO idea how to access these variables on the thank you page..

this is getting very fustrating here.. there should be an option to send the user to a registration page after signup

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:24 pm #18745

All in need to do, is give them a link to the register page on the thank you page how the heck can you do this?

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:25 pm #18746

You don’t need a special link there, just a regular link is fine. If the user checked out fine and came to your thank-you page through the s2member_pro_clickbank_return URL, then he’d have been cookied by s2Member to let him register, even if registrations are closed, and give him the access he paid for.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:27 pm #18747

Also, you could just set the thank-you page to be the registration form at wp-login.php?action=register. You’d need to customize it a bit so it has the info that ClickBank requires, that’s all.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 10:39 pm #18749

Ok I just figured that out.. basiclly if the cookies are not there it wont allow access. Thats great! One down one more to go.. if your Lead Dev can give me some insight as to where i should be modifying the multiple subscription proccess would be aweome.

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 2:58 am #18780

I just got off the chat with him and he’s really sorry, but he isn’t able to give customization support right now. On top of the development, which is close to beta stage, he’s working on pending emails he hasn’t checked in over a week, and only responding to those that seem to be a problem with the default s2Member, skipping customization questions. He’d normally write good advice for those, but right now he’s sorry he can’t do them immediately. I hope you understand. :/

Ok I just figured that out.. basiclly if the cookies are not there it wont allow access. Thats great! One down one more to go.

Great! :)

About the concurrent subscriptions…

The EOT part would be the simplest, just disable the automatic behavior and handle those manually, or with a custom script called by the EOT notification.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› EOT/Deletion Notifications[/hilite]

You could add a second subscription to the same account, but merging the amounts into one. Then the single one would end and the subscription for both together would start. It’d work fine until the guy wanted to stop only one of them, then going back to just one would be a problem because he’d have to start that subscription again.

Another option is to have the person register a new account for the second subscription… Then you won’t have to hack anything, only explain it in some way that makes sense. If the registration is kept simple, it wouldn’t be too big a problem. The issue would be that the same email address can’t be used in both accounts.

Anyway, I’m throwing ideas that may help you achieve this faster and with less trouble.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.