latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

BYPASS Thankyou Page Not Workign

Home Forums Community Forum BYPASS Thankyou Page Not Workign

This topic contains 57 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Page 3 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:08 pm #19100

OK issue with the hack LOL

Now i got to disable the activation and It logged me right in, however the hack/OneTimeOffer
URL did not get taken. – Now i just noticed that the plugin has an automatic login behavior.
Maybee if i kill that s2 will take on its flow.

Lets see!

Posted: Thursday Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:18 pm #19104

Hey dude!

The funnel is complete! The logic worked perfectly

http://screencast.com/t/AmPhGDuEeW

Where you see 3,4 is the items purchased stored with the member for logical demotion on cancellation

—- I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU — :) S2 is lucky to have you

Anyway i stil cant test demotion untill my clickbank products are live – still under approval process.
One thing i noticed is that since im updating the s2_custom in the DB domain.com|3,4 – I noticed
that the PP RTN and NTFY scripts both fight to do it first ending up with domain.com|3,4,4
but thats not a big deal. I just wrote logic cross check before adding to.

Now as far as cancellation goes. The goal is to check the return ITEM in the IPN like
domain.com|4 against the stored custom|3,4 in the user_meta – and then demote properly
according to what Item was cancelled.

The only thing i have left to wonder is

paypal-notify-in-subscr-or-rp-eots-w-level.inc.php

Will the (domain.com|4) sent back in the IPN be available in that file – the reason being is

auto-eots.inc.php

Logic is to setup the EOT system for wpcron – so my hack was to store the canceled item in user_meta
so that when EOT runs in the background it knows how to demote accordingly

Well with the (paypal-notify-in-subscr-or-rp-eots-w-level.inc.php) file
that takes a DIRECT IPN – so the is no CRON EOT setup, but knowing how IPN systems work,
im pretty much assuming that custom=domain.com|4 – originally passed in will be passed back
being my identifier for demoting properly against the stored s2member_custom = domain.com|3,4

Am i correct here? Or does this just setup an EOT? The code looks like it just demotes right then
and there NO EOT

And I just cant see how this file fits in? Do I have to worry about it?
paypal-notify-in-subscr-rp-payment-w-level.inc.php

Thanks bro for all your help here! You been great. But Im finally on home stretch!

Ricky

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 5:29 am #19137

The funnel is complete! The logic worked perfectly

Awesome! So the item number in the custom field is now added when starting the second subscription, not replacing the previous one? And your demotion only removes the subscription cancelled, not both? Great. :)

Here are some details about how EOTs work (it says PayPal, but the EOT behavior settings are the same for all gateways): [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

*Some Hairy Details* There might be times whenever you notice that a Member’s Subscription has been cancelled through PayPal®… but, s2Member continues allowing the User access to your site as a paid Member. Please don’t be confused by this… in 99.9% of these cases, the reason for this is legitimate. s2Member will only remove the User’s Membership privileges when an EOT ( End Of Term ) is processed, a refund occurs, a chargeback occurs, or when a cancellation occurs – which would later result in a delayed Auto-EOT by s2Member.

s2Member will not process an EOT until the User has completely used up the time they paid for. In other words, if a User signs up for a monthly Subscription on Jan 1st, and then cancels their Subscription on Jan 15th; technically, they should still be allowed to access the site for another 15 days, and then on Feb 1st, the time they paid for has completely elapsed. At that time, s2Member will remove their Membership privileges; by either demoting them to a Free Subscriber, or deleting their account from the system ( based on your configuration ). s2Member also calculates one extra day ( 24 hours ) into its equation, just to make sure access is not removed sooner than a Customer might expect.

Now i just noticed that the plugin has an automatic login behavior.
Maybee if i kill that s2 will take on its flow.

Right, another plugin or theme applying its own redirection on login would prevent s2Member’s.

I just watched the video on ccaps, the only issue I have with them for my situation is I need 2 levels
to identify 2 subscriptions. ccaps does not offer flexibility in that reguard. Unless Im missing something

You’re correct. It completely slipped my mind that subscriptions work with levels, not ccaps yet… That said, you’d still have to give the user an s2Member Level role to use the ccaps, and you’re adding the subscriptions to an s2Member Level, so you may still use them.

Anyway i stil cant test demotion untill my clickbank products are live – still under approval process.

Maybe you can… I once tested a CB subscription with their test card and after that, I kept receiving “payment” notification emails for some months. You could try creating a test daily subscription, if CB allows such a short term, and see if you can do the cancellation in some way.

You could also ask CB support if they have a way to test cancellations without waiting for the real thing.

Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 3:24 pm #19309

Hey dude

Im back at it again trying to make the undo-able work :) I really need to implement clickbank 1click upsells
if you can just shed some light on what s2 member is expecting with the buttons I can make something happen. I think the biggest thing is the md5 verification. So i may need to just diable that cross check. So do you know what files that happens in? Im guessing its the same Notify and RTN files. Anyway thanks again for all your help in this

Ricky

Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 8:59 pm #19318

Hey quick question thats really important here. Why does PayPal Return and PayPal Notify do the same thing in reguards to variable and registration manipulations? It seems kindof redundent. I would think that the IPN would be all thats needed and the Notify Files would handle this type of processing.

the only logical thing i can think of here, is instead of waiting on an IPN the rtn is giving the user immediate
processing. However, i dont see any double checks to wheather the IPN has processed first? Unless im missing something here.

In order to make the 1click clickbank upsell work, its ha to be one or the other, as the main communications would funnel through the IPN.

Ricky

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:52 am #19323

Ok I have tested the 1 click upsell and was able to tweak it in such a way to pass back all the needed
info for s2member. SO this results in 2 transits being created with all the correct data. However, when the user signs up it only recognizes the return transit on registration. So it treats the 1click up sell transit as new user.

So this leaves me back to square 1 basiclly, some how the user needs to have an account 1st for the modify
to work. However, i cant figure out for the life of me how i would create a new user programmaticly.

I guess my only option here would be for the user to create an account first like I had it before the 1click upsell
so the way it was working was

LEVEL1 -> Registration -> LEVEL2 upsell -> members area — Which Works Fine!

The way I have tried is

LEVEL1 -> LEVEL2 upsell 1click -> members area – Which works, but treats it as 2 signups since it cant hit the modify.

I guess im going to have to figure out a way to inject the regiatration before the 1click upsell – thats the only way i can possible see doing this because I also cant figure out, how the heck the transits are read. I do see in

configure_user_registration

That it reads them there, but i have to explore that a little further to see if I can read in 2 transits at the same time
for the 1 user on registration.

My suggestion in your next release, is make the code a little more flexibale in terms of flow.. not user options.
But then again, im not a wordpress expert – so maybee there is hooks or filters im missing out on here.

Thanks
Ricky

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 6:38 am #19475

Why does PayPal Return and PayPal Notify do the same thing in reguards to variable and registration manipulations?

Sometimes the IPN takes a little longer to happen, so the return makes it possible to give the user access faster without delay in most cases. The IPN is still necessary, though, since sometimes the person, for some reason or other, doesn’t return to the site after the payment, and it’s important that s2Member still hears about it and deals with it.

However, i cant figure out for the life of me how i would create a new user programmaticly.

Have you tried the s2Member Remote Operations API? It may be a simple way to create the account. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API[/hilite]

So it treats the 1click up sell transit as new user.

Right, because the transaction would be missing the user info that s2Member sends when the person is logged in at the time he clicks the order button/link generated with the shortcode. If you view a page with the button while logged in, you can see the vars there. These, though, are not possible during the upsell because you don’t have the user’s ID yet.

Now, maybe you can find a way to bypass this, and just add the upsell info to the account created for the original product. So product 1 lets the person register, and the product 2 upsell is just added as extra access, and you save the subscr info on your own, no need for s2 to deal with it. You need s2Member to let him register, and that’s taken care of by product 1, then just add 2 with your customization. Would that work?

My suggestion in your next release, is make the code a little more flexibale in terms of flow..

Yeah, we’re working on this. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.