latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Ccaps that is expandable?

Home Forums Community Forum Ccaps that is expandable?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Christian (S.) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 12:50 pm #6130
cassel
Username: cassel

There was a talk, possibly last year in the old forum about ccaps and i was wondering if anything is now possible, or in the near future about this kind of scenario:

The site would have individual videos/document packages that could be sold individually. They could be sold with a ccaps like PackA and PackB and PackC and so on. If i use the ccaps to protect the access to the page where those are, it is fine. However, if i decide to offer a lifetime access to all the videos/documents, using the ccaps to protect or give access wont work unless i edit the individual ccaps of all the members every time i add a new Pack.

Is it possible to have say, PackA, PackB, PackC and LifePack (for lifetime access), and use concditionals like
If user has ccaps PackA or LifePack..
show PackA

Since using conditionals will not redirect the user without the correct ccaps to the membership option page, is there any plan to have this kind of scenario taken into consideration with the ccaps to protect the whole page like it shows under “Require custom capabilities?”

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #6316

Hi Cassel. :)

Yes, there are plans, and it’ll be very powerful. You’ll love it.

For now, you can definitely use conditionals like that, and if you want to redirect to the Membership Options page as a result of the condition, you can try a JavaScript redirection. http://www.javascriptredirect.com/

I hope that helps.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 8:58 pm #6371
cassel
Username: cassel

I will be glad to see this idea implemented in the future! It will be very useful i am sure.

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 10:14 pm #6375

;)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:05 am #6652

That’s the function i was looking for. Hope it will be integrated soon.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.