latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCBill and Pass creation before or after

Home Forums Community Forum CCBill and Pass creation before or after

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 3:42 am #41541
Toyas
Username: Toyas

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-test-transaction/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/usernamepassword-before-ccbill-payment/
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-registration-question/

Ok, so I searched forum, found some topics above that were helpful, but non of them explained exactly how the whole process works. Since s2member will not accept the login details created by the customer in CCBill Registration form, we will allow users to register with their own login details using s2member before the CCBill payment or after, depending on which solution is simpler for the end user.

Because there is no tutorial and there are plenty of people with this same issue please explain for us how the process works. Below are quotes from CCBill Implementations Team and my understanding of them:

If you create a registration page which first requests the details, S2Member will pass that information to the payment form when redirecting the customer. That information is then used to auto-fill the corresponding payment form fields and passed back to your system through the Background Post system.

Step by Step Process: User Registers using s2member Registration Form – on Membership Options Page he clicks on one of the payment options – User details are auto-filled on CCBill complete payment form – After purchase user data is bassed back to s2member database.

Am I missing something? Or rather user should first go to Membership Options Page, then register. If so, will s2member remember what payment option button (that links to corresponding CCBill payment form) user clicked during and after registration?

If you simply provide the customer with join buttons the S2Member software should be configured to send a welcome message to customers with a successful payment, in which a link to complete the registration process is provided.

Step by Step Process: Membership Options Page – CCBill Registration – After successful payment CCBill passed the data to s2member – s2member sends message to customers with a successful payment with link to complete registration – on s2member registration form user fills his username and password – then he can login?

As mentioned in this post http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-test-transaction/ it can take some time for Email Confirmation with important details to be delivered. If possible, we would like to avoid that. The most important from the business point of view is that nothing will stand between making a payment and registering.

Please advise.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 3:40 am #41681
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

There are two ways to set this up.

1. You can introduce a ccBill Payment Button to a potential customer without them being logged into your site. You can place the ccBill Button Shortcode anywhere you like. Upon clicking the ccBill Button, a potential customer will be transferred to ccBill and upon completing checkout, they will receive an email that allows them to register a Username/Password for access to your site. This is the default behavior.

*Important* User Management needs to be turned off in your ccBill® account. s2Member’s integration with ccBill® does NOT require ccBill® to manage Usernames/Passwords. Instead, s2Member needs to be given exclusive permission to handle this for you. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -› User Management. Turn this off, and choose: Do NOT collect Usernames/Passwords. You will also want to remove Username/Password references in the APPROVAL Email Receipt configured in your ccBill® account. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -› Custom Emails.

2. You can enable Open Registration with s2Member and allow potential customers to register a Username/Password and create a Free Subscriber account first. Then upon logging into the site you would present them with a ccBill Button (normally inserted into your Login Welcome Page and wrapped with Simple Shortcode Conditionals) so that it’s only visible to Free Subscribers and not to existing Customers/Members. Upon clicking the ccBill Button they will be transferred to ccBill. Upon completing checkout their existing Free Subscriber account is automatically upgraded to a paid status (i.e. Membership Level #1,2,3 or whatever you’re selling them).

The same rule applies here: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options
*Important* User Management needs to be turned off in your ccBill® account. s2Member’s integration with ccBill® does NOT require ccBill® to manage Usernames/Passwords. Instead, s2Member needs to be given exclusive permission to handle this for you. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -› User Management. Turn this off, and choose: Do NOT collect Usernames/Passwords. You will also want to remove Username/Password references in the APPROVAL Email Receipt configured in your ccBill® account. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -› Custom Emails.

Setting this up…

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons
See also: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Example of a ccBill Button Shortcode in your Login Welcome Page,
presented ONLY to Free Subscribers that need to upgrade to a paid status at your site.

[s2If current_user_is(subscriber)]
	[s2Member-Pro-ccBill-Button ... /]
[/s2If]

As mentioned in this post http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-test-transaction/ it can take some time for Email Confirmation with important details to be delivered. If possible, we would like to avoid that. The most important from the business point of view is that nothing will stand between making a payment and registering.

ccBill does not provide s2Member® with any immediate details related to a transaction after checkout (at least, not in a Return-URL). s2Member® has to await Background Post processing (aka: IPN processing) before it can handle post-processing of a transaction and send an email receipt.

That being said, this normally takes just a few seconds (up to a few minutes in some cases). It’s not normal for ccBill to linger on this. s2Member® will only take as long as it takes ccBill to send us the transaction data.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Background Post Integration

Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns :-)

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:22 am #41700

I am trying to setup ccbill for a client website. ccbill support is saying that I need a ip address from s2member! I am not sure what ip address he is referring to. Can someone please help?

Posted: Thursday Feb 14th, 2013 at 11:50 am #41704

“they will receive an email that allows them to register a Username/Password for access to your site. This is the default behavior.”

I am able to configure ccbill after a while but in the confirmation email it’s not providing the registration email for wp! It’s just giving the main domain name. What am I doing wrong?

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 6:37 am #41837
Staff Member

@ Debra Grant

I am trying to setup ccbill for a client website. ccbill support is saying that I need a ip address from s2member! I am not sure what ip address he is referring to. Can someone please help?

Please see this section of your Dashboard for details about the IP address ccBill needs for DataLink integration.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› DataLink Integration

I am able to configure ccbill after a while but in the confirmation email it’s not providing the registration email for wp! It’s just giving the main domain name. What am I doing wrong?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email
Your Signup Confirmation Email should contain this Replacement Code: %%registration_url%%

Thanks %%first_name%%! Your membership has been approved.

If you haven't already done so, the next step is to Register a Username.

Complete your registration here:
%%registration_url%%

If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
WordPress
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.