latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCBill not demoting as of 120601

Home Forums Community Forum CCBill not demoting as of 120601

This topic contains 30 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 4:42 am #16978
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

Starting on June 4th, s2Member is no longer demoting any users on my site. I’m guessing that this is a break in the 120601 release because I probably didn’t do the update for a couple days after.

Right now, I am manually demoting about 50+ users usingreports I’ve run from CCBill. It is consistent…not a single demotion has happened automatically since 6/4. Nothing has changed on the site other than normal plugin updates.

Help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #17040
Lee Keels

Jason or Cristian…any input on this issue?

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:01 am #17109

Hi Lee.

Well, any of those plugins you updated may have affected wp_cron, causing the Auto EOT Behavior in s2Member to not work.

Could you take a screenshot of your EOT Behavior panel and post it here? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Thanks.

By the way, the latest release of s2Member is 120608. You can update to it and see if it helps, too.

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 3:16 pm #17148
Lee Keels

Cristian, I’m already on 120608…I do the updates as soon as possible when I see them. I only spoke of 120601 because that appears to be when the problem started. The problem continues.

Here’s the screenshot.

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 7:29 am #17183

Thanks for the screenshot, the settings look fine. Got it on the version you have.

I wonder if ccBill is informing s2Member that the subscriptions are ending.

Do you have logging enabled? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details -> Logging[/hilite]

Could you put the s2member-logs folder in a zip file and email me the link to it to take a look at the logs, please? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Saturday Jun 23rd, 2012 at 7:55 pm #17261
Lee Keels

Cristian, I just sent the private message with logs attached.

NOTE: I’ve pointed this out before, but never get a response. Your system here will NOT send me emails about anything. Not when there are replies to my threads, and no confirmation for the private message. They don’t go in spam, they simply never show up at all.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 7:00 am #17274

Got the email with the files. I forwarded the email to Jason to look at it.

About the emails, they are getting to most other users. It’s possible that your email service is blocking emails from our server, for some reason that I don’t know. I’ve only known from a couple other users reporting this same problem. One of them would get them fine in one of her email accounts and never in the other one. Do you have another email account you could use for your account here?

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:48 pm #17423
Lee Keels

Thing about that is, the server is mine. I know it isn’t being blocked anywhere.

Any news on the demoting issue?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:29 am #17506

No update yet. He should get to the email soon.

I don’t know what to tell you about the emails, though. Could you try creating a free account here with a Gmail address, posting a reply to this thread and then log back in to your regular account and post another reply here to see if you got the notification for the test account?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 5:34 pm #17704
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

I’ve just finished a preliminary review of your installation.

I found a log file here: /plugins/s2member-logs/ccbill-dl.log

Which includes several entries that read:

0 => 'Storing last DataLink time: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:30:02 am UTC',
1 => 'Recording DataLink error at: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39:38 am UTC',
2 => 'Recording server IP address: 66.35.77.138',
	4 => 'Error: Authentication failed.  02',

This indicates there might be a problem with your existing ccBill DataLink integration. You might review this section of your Dashboard: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› DataLink Integration. If everything looks good (i.e. nothing has changed), I would contact ccBill and ask if your server’s IP address is still allowed to connect to the ccBill DataLink service.

Is it possible that your server’s IP address changed recently?

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 6:43 am #17737
Lee Keels

The IP has changed, but it was after the demotions had stopped working. CCBill has updated the IP just moments ago though.

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:51 pm #17997
Lee Keels

Cristian,

First, demotions are still not working.

I need a very specific answer on this question. If a user has a CCBill expiration date of 6/30, for example, on exactly what date will s2Member demote them? My understanding is that there is a one-day grace, so I assume the demotion would happen on 7/1, but I would like to know exactly when it should happen so that I can test this effectively.

I have let several users go as long as two days past their CCBill expiration date and they are still NOT being demoted automatically.

Lee

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 3:49 am #18136
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Lee,

What does the Automatic EOT Time field say on the users profile? (Edit their account and look for that field.) If s2Member has processed an EOT for that user, the date of their termination should show up in the Automatic EOT Time field on their account.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:52 pm #18226
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the follow-ups.

@ Lee Keels

I need a very specific answer on this question. If a user has a CCBill expiration date of 6/30, for example, on exactly what date will s2Member demote them? My understanding is that there is a one-day grace, so I assume the demotion would happen on 7/1, but I would like to know exactly when it should happen so that I can test this effectively.

s2Member’s calculation of EOTs, will differ slightly, depending on the type of the transaction, when a cancellation occurs (i.e. during an existing cycle, or during a trial period, etc). There are a multitude of factors that must be considered, so that a user is demoted only after time they’ve already paid for, is completely expired.

In your case, the ccBill logs that we reviewed, indicate a failure to receive data from ccBill’s DataLink integration. Thus, no EOTs are going to occur until that is corrected. I would suggest contacting ccBill about this matter, and ask why connections are being rejected. My experience shows that it’s normally caused by a change in the server’s IP address. ccBill might need to update things on their end. I’ve also seen this caused by outdated DataLink credentials supplied to s2Member. I would double-check your DataLink integration with s2Member, to be certain everthing matches up with your ccBill DataLink service access.

To be more specific about EOTs.

Yes, s2Member always calculates one extra day. So here’s a basic example.

1. Customers pays on Jan 1st 2012, under the terms of a recurring fee every 30 days.
2. Customer cancels on Jan 12th 2012 (billing stops immediately).
3. s2Member calculates the EOT time as: Feb 2nd 2012.
That’s 30 days they’ve already paid you for, plus one extra day (grace period).

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 12:56 am #18598
Lee Keels

CCBill looked at the error and said that data cannot be requested past the current time in MST. They said the log entry I showed them showed that data was requested beyond that point and that is what is causing the error. Below is the single log entry I sent them, and note that at the time, it was not yet 7/8/12 in Arizona, so on that point, it appears they are correct. I’ve bolded the part they mentioned specifically as being a problem.

0 => ‘Storing last DataLink time: Sun Jul 8, 2012 3:30:02 am UTC’,
1 => ‘Recording DataLink error at: Sun Jul 8, 2012 3:30:05 am UTC’,
2 => ‘Recording server IP address: XX.XX.XX.XXX’,
3 => ‘https://datalink.ccbill.com/data/main.cgi?startTime=20120707033002&endTime=
20120708033002&transactionTypes=REBILL%2CEXPIRE%2CREFUND%2CCHARGEBACK&client
Accnum=XXXXXX&username=XXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXXX’,
4 => ‘Error: Authentication failed. 02’,

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 1:08 am #18599
Lee Keels

I questioned their result and they tested with the command as written and it failed, but adjusting the ending date/time to something in the proper range returns results. Basically they proved that the problems is in s2Member requesting data in the future.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 6:04 pm #18707
Lee Keels

Just want to make sure someone sees the response from CCBill. See my previous two posts.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:05 pm #18735

Yeah, saw it. I’ll notify Jason.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 11:01 pm #18754
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

@Lee Keels

Thanks for reporting this important issue. I’m having this adjusted for the next maintenance release.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 11:39 pm #18756
Lee Keels

Jason,

CCBill has now sent additional information. They say the value below must also be added to the string for it to work properly:

“&clientSubacc=0000”

The reason given is that “as the username for datalink is configured on the 0000 account, it is an additional value that must be included.”

Lee

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 12:12 am #18763
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

I’m attaching a patch file that you can test with (if you like). This adjusts s2Member’s time calculations to ensure we don’t go beyond current MST. Wow, that’s so odd to require that, particularly in MST, instead of UTC. This is not in the documentation anywhere, so I’m going to confirm this with ccBill® before the maintenance release becomes available.

http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/ccbill-datalink.inc_.php_1.zip
Please unzip and upload the attached file, allowing it to override your existing copy of:
/s2member-pro/classes/gateways/ccbill/ccbill-datalink.inc.php

Regarding the sub-account ID. The docs state that we can omit this, and we do this intentionally. Omitting the sub-account ID, allows s2Member to handle DataLink communication for all sub-accounts. In this way, s2Member can be integrated with multiple ccBill sub-accounts (when needed). For instance, there are additional Shortcode attributes available for ccBill Buttons generated by s2Member, which allow you to set a different sub-account and/or form ID (when needed).

Reference article: http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCBill_Data_Link_Extract_Users_Guide.pdf

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #18958
Lee Keels

Jason,

#1 – I’m installing the patch now.

#2 – The person at CCBill does acknowledge the the clientSubacc value is optional, but states that because the username is attached to subaccount 0000, it must be included. Here is their direct quote again:

“When running this string, although the clientSubacc value is optional, as the username for datalink is configured on the 0000 account, it is an additional value that must be included.”

Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:07 am #19209
Lee Keels

Sorry for the delay, just getting to installing the patch now. Please see #2 in the post immediately above in the meantime.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 4:09 am #19582
Lee Keels

Patch has been running for a few days, still getting the Authentication Failed in the logs.

The person at CCBill does acknowledge the the clientSubacc value is optional, but states that because the username is attached to subaccount 0000, it must be included. Here is their direct quote again:

“When running this string, although the clientSubacc value is optional, as the username for datalink is configured on the 0000 account, it is an additional value that must be included.”

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:08 am #19618
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Lee,

I will send Jason a message and let him know about your update. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:31 pm #19690
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-ups here.

We’ve had s2Member’s ccBill integration updated to support this scenario. I’m attaching an additional patch file for you to test with. Please report any issues. If there are no problems, this will be pushed out in the next maintenance release.

http://d1v41qemfjie0l.cloudfront.net/s2member/uploads/ccbill-datalink.inc_.php_2.zip
Please unzip and upload the attached file, allowing it to override your existing copy of:
/s2member-pro/classes/gateways/ccbill/ccbill-datalink.inc.php

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.