latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

CCBIll Postback not working

Home Forums Community Forum CCBIll Postback not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Andrea Cilento 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 3rd, 2013 at 10:21 am #54829

Hello,

We need a detailed solution in order to have CCBill posting back data of subscribers to our wordpress s2members user management. Actually once a user makes the payment with ccbill, we do not receive the data and therefore the member is not added/canceled. This is causing issues to a growing number of subscribers and we need to solve it asap. Kindly provide a solution, CCBill tested all on their side and no error was detected. We need to understand why the subscribers are not added to our s2member system. Actually the approval/denial url are set on our CCBill admin as follows:

Approval Post URL is:
http://ourdomain.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1

Denial Post URL is:
http://ourdomain.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=0

CCBill tried to set the approval url to one they use for testing purposes and they received data from a test transaction.

On our system it worked only for 2 subscribers, the others are not added as explained above.

Thanks
Andrea

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 3rd, 2013 at 1:37 pm #54836

Andrea,

We are having similar issues for a new site we soft-launched. Our members that paid via CCBill are not being added to S2Member but CCBill confirmed they had no errors on the side and that the information posted. If you look at other similar boards in this forum, you’ll see that one solution is to disable your members from entering their username/password during the CCBill process. By doing this, S2Member is supposed to send an email to the paid subscriber giving them instructions on how to register. The problem I am having is that I have no idea what this email is supposed to say exactly and if it includes just a link for the new paid member to complete their registration, what prevents other people from just accessing this link.

CCBill support has been top notch but unfortunately I have not found detailed instructions on the S2Member side on how to integrate with CCBill. If anyone can point me to a reference doc or who has had success with integrating S2Member with CCBill, I would love to hear.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:24 pm #55102

@Andrea Cilento

The first step in resolving issues like this, is to inspect your ccBill log files on the s2Member® side of things. Please submit a dashboard login privately and we’ll take a look for you.

Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

@Kevin Alvarez

Please do the same. We’ll take a look at your log files also.
Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› s2Member® Log Viewer

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:48 pm #55112

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:52 pm #55114

@Andrea Cilento

Details received. Thank you!

Please enable logging so that we’ll have something to inspect for you when/if this occurs again in the future. This is what our techs found in your Dashboard. See attached screenshot for reference.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› s2Member® Log Viewer

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 9:23 am #55222

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 4:51 pm #55237

@ Kevin Cashman

Thank you. Forwarding this to our techs. You should receive a reply shortly.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 2:32 pm #55309

Hoping to hear back today. I’ll update this thread as soon as I hear back :-)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 6:25 pm #55327

@Kevin

I just received some reports back from our techs on this issue. Jason says that your s2Member configuration has an incorrect value for the Triple DES Encryption Key that should have been provided to you by ccBill support.

Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details

This is resulting in error log entries found on your installation here:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› s2Member® Log Viewer

Recommended Solution

Please follow the instructions here in the Dashboard and contact ccBill for your Triple DES Encryption Key.
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details

ccBill® requires you to contact them via live chat for this Encryption Key. You will need to ask your ccBill® support representative for a Triple DES Encryption Key. Sometimes referred to as a Dynamic Pricing Salt. s2Member needs this Key in order to communicate with ccBill®, and to properly configure your Dynamic Pricing Form.

The problem I am having is that I have no idea what this email is supposed to say exactly and if it includes just a link for the new paid member to complete their registration, what prevents other people from just accessing this link.

The email here is already pre-configured for you.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email

All the note is stating, is that it’s a good idea to remove references from the ccBill email (on the ccBill side of things) e.g. in your ccBill account, because s2Member deals with this all on its own already.

As noted in the s2Member configuration panel (in your Dashboard)
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details

*Important* User Management needs to be turned off in your ccBill® account. s2Member’s integration with ccBill® does NOT require ccBill® to manage Usernames/Passwords. Instead, s2Member needs to be given exclusive permission to handle this for you. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -› User Management. Turn this off, and choose: Do NOT collect Usernames/Passwords. You will also want to remove Username/Password references in the APPROVAL Email Receipt configured in your ccBill® account. In your ccBill® account, see: Account Admin -› Custom Emails.

I would also suggest that s2Member’s logging routines be re-enabled until you have this all working properly.
You can enable that here: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Please let us know if you have any further trouble.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 8:43 am #55350

I contacted CCBill about this and in fact the Encryption Key was missing. I know it was there at one point but CCBill tech support had to re-enable Dynamic Pricing and provided me with a new Triple DES Encryption Key.

I tried another test order after completing this task and noticed it did NOT resolve the issue. The new error log looks a little different than the one you posted above. This one says:

LOG ENTRY: Wed Aug 7th, 2013 @ precisely 12:25 pm UTC
PHP v5.4.9 :: WordPress® v3.5.1 :: s2Member® v130617 :: s2Member® Pro v130617
Memory 5.49 MB :: Real Memory 5.75 MB :: Peak Memory 5.60 MB :: Real Peak Memory 5.75 MB
.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1
User-Agent:
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid ccBill® configuration. Please check: s2Member -› ccBill® Options.’,
1 => ‘If you\’re absolutely SURE that your ccBill® configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect to ccBill® over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension. Instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘array (
(user data erased).

Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 9:37 am #55351

Hello

I enabled the debugging but be fast cause the site is live. We are a bit in troubles cause we have to manage subscribers manually and since they are growing it can cause issues shortly.

Please update me asap, thank you so much

Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 5:18 am #55408

We have left debugging on as well for your purposes as well but have not seen a reply. Can you please give me an idea of when we can expect a reply. Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 8:30 pm #55456

Was this ever reviewed?

Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 2:58 am #55481

So sorry, I didn’t get a response back from the techs on this, but let me take a look and see if anyone ever came back and added any additional data to this request for support. One moment please.

Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 3:09 am #55482

I checked with our lead developer, and he mentions an empty responseDigest in your IPN log file. We are awaiting a response from ccBill technical support on the matter, but there seems to be a question about whether or not you’ve used a Dynamic Pricing Form?

In your last log entry we see that ccBill is not giving s2Member® the data it needs to verify the origin of the Background Post that it’s sending us. See also: http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCBill_Dynamic_Pricing.pdf#page=4

Not the normal behavior, which is why the question is being handed over to ccBill, and we are awaiting a response. I will update you as soon as I hear back. In the mean time, please confirm that you HAVE used a Dynamic Pricing Form when integrating with s2Member®. ~ Thank you :-)

Posted: Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 4:03 am #55487
Response from ccBill Tech Support.
Thank you for contacting the CCBill Merchant Support Department. My name is Erik, and I will be assisting you today.

I understand that you are concerned with some empty variables when receiving transaction data from the Background Post system. The responseDigest variable will only be populated with a string value when the purchase attempt is processed through the Dynamic Pricing system. The responseDigest variable is for validation purposes when the Dynamic Pricing system is used to call the payment form. If the responseDigest variable is returned as an empty value it means that the standard pricing system was used when calling the payment form.

Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 3:06 pm #55527

Our account did not have Dynamic Pricing enabled but it does now. I have recreated the button using the CCBill buttons inside of s2Member. I did a test order and the log files look clean yet I still do not see an email from the S2Member side of things and therefore a paid customer would still have no way to log in to view premium content.

This is becoming very frustrating. I appreciate the help I am receiving from both S2Member and CCBill.
I am hoping to have this resolved by the end of the day or weekend at the latest.

Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 8:27 pm #55534

@ Kevin

Please be sure to run tests after you log out of the site (e.g. as a customer) and not as the site Administrator. The tech investigating this for you, informed me of this excerpt in your most recent log entry. In other words, your most recent test transaction was performed while you were still logged in, and you were logged in as a WordPress® Administrator also.

array (
  0 => 'IPN received on: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:53:13 pm UTC',
  1 => 's2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key',
  2 => 's2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"]` ) validated.',
  3 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ).',
  4 => 's2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ) w/ update vars.',
  5 => 'Unable to modify Subscription. The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access.',
Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 9:15 pm #55537

Hello Mike,

We have dynamic pricing already set, but the system is not working. Frankly speaking you should not expose CCBill compatibility as a feature of your application if this compatibility is so complex to be achieved, if it is achievable. We paid for the Pro version just for the ccbill integration but so far it seems not successful. I hope you will solve or we will have to claim a refund and bear the cost of integrating a new solution with a site already live.

Keep me update as quickly as possible, thanks

Posted: Sunday Aug 11th, 2013 at 7:57 am #55546

I think we are all set with this problem aside from the email going to the spam folder. We have modified it slightly to help reduce this and also included a warning in the CCBill invoice that this email may be in their spam folder.

Thank you for the help in getting this resolved.

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:30 am #55580

Please update me, we are getting crazy with manual management of memberships.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 8:40 pm #55709

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:39 pm #55719
Staff Member

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

@ Andrea Cilento

The site we received via Private Contact form was unavailable.

In our last communication with you (see above).
Mike said: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ccbill-postback-not-working/#post-55114

The Dashboard that you sent over did not have logging enabled. Please confirm that your site DOES have logging enabled, and that we can access that site. Once you confirm those details, please submit a new Dashboard login (where we DO have access, and we DO have log files to inspect), and we will review this for you.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:39 pm #55720
Staff Member

@ Kevin Cashman

I think we are all set with this problem aside from the email going to the spam folder. We have modified it slightly to help reduce this and also included a warning in the CCBill invoice that this email may be in their spam folder.

Thank you for the help in getting this resolved.

Very welcome Kevin. Thanks for the follow-up :-)
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:07 pm #55787

Guys, the site is NOW unavailable, after 15 days of wait for your support. It is not my way of doing business. We are moving to a different hosting and a different wordpress membership application. You should build a customer support, this experience is not what is needed for who runs a business. Ticketing, live chat, and 24/7 response time. Please refund the s2member pro amount since we cannot use it with ccbill, awaiting your feedback on this matter, thank you

Andrea

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:38 pm #55788
Staff Member

@ Andrea Cilento

I’m not sure where 15 days comes from. You posted a private contact form just yesterday, and upon us making an attempt to inspect that site, we found once again that it was impossible to investigate. The site you submitted yesterday was completely offline :-)

The site you posted when this thread was originally started (which was 10 days ago, and not 15 days); was online, but had no log files or anything for us to inspect. We wrote you back within 24 hours, but then 4 days later you wrote back asking for more assistance. We only received a new submission from you yesterday, and as I said, the site was offline.

In this time we have helped another customer in this same thread even, who is using ccBill as well; and seems to be running just fine now after getting some assistance w/ configuration.

Regarding your request for a refund. Please see: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

We have a no refund policy on non-tangible digital items which are irrevocable. We do make special exceptions, but as clearly defined in our refund policy, we ask that you follow all suggestions and advice presented by our support team, and work to resolve the problem with our assistance.

I will leave this thread open for you, but if your next submission is not a site that is online, or a private contact form submission with log files that we can inspect for you, I’m afraid there will be nothing more for us to go on in this case. We find that in cases where there is trouble, it is often related to configuration of the software, or configuration on the ccBill side of things. These are problems that can only be detected through a careful review of your configuration, and by inspecting the log files generated by the s2Member® software.

If you would like to investigate these yourself, please see:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.