latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Change Merchant Information on Paypal Email

Home Forums Community Forum Change Merchant Information on Paypal Email

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 6:42 am #17935
Brian Bennis
Username: thumz

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:36 am #17945
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Brian,

If the PayPal button you’re using (for signups, subscriptions, whatever it is…) is a hosted button that you created on PayPal.com, then you will need to regenerate your PayPal button. (I’m fairly certain that PayPal-hosted buttons record your merchant information at the time you generate the button and store that information encrypted in the button itself.)

If you’re using an s2Member-generated PayPal button, the “Merchant information” in that email comes directly from PayPal’s website and you’ll need to update that information from your PayPal account. s2Member does not store or pass along any of that Merchant Information data.

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 9:00 am #18084
Brian Bennis

Dear Raam

Thanks for your reply. I’m using a Paypal button generated using S2Member. Here’s the shortcode….

[s2Member-PayPal-Button sp="1" ids="918" exp="8760" desc="How To Save Fees And Reduce Your Stress Level As You Find The Right Care Home For Your Loved One...Fast! (PDF Copy)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.icarehome.co.uk" ra="47.00" image="default" output="button" /]

From your comment, you suggest I’ll find the information on my PayPal account, but they say no. Paypal says the information is found on the ‘merchant’ account.

If you think the information is likely to be found on my PayPal account, please could you should show me where I find this information on my Paypal account.

Thanks.

Brian

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 4:29 am #18141
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Brian,

The PayPal representative you spoke with was wrong. Please call them back and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to point you in the right direction. I assure you that s2Member does not store or pass along that information.

This link on the PayPal Community forum may be helpful. If not, I recommend contacting PayPal again.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:47 am #18148
Brian Bennis

Hi Raam

That link was fantastic. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

Interestingly, three different PayPal staff said it couldn’t be done. Shame they don’t receive proper training!

Luckily, the great people at S2Member are there to help.

Great service. It’s much appreciated.

Brian

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 8:07 am #18187
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Glad to hear you solved it, Brian! :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.