latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Confused About "Paid Subscr ID" for imports

Home Forums Community Forum Confused About "Paid Subscr ID" for imports

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 9:48 pm #26907

I’m reading the page on how to import members from an old membership site into our new S2 site and am confused about the Paid Subscriber IDs.

This is from the instructions at this post: http://www.s2member.com/kb/how-to-migrate-to-s2member-pro-from-other-software/

It says, “Paid Subscr. ID (this is the subscription ID, e.g., I-EUAVMMPD04HF)” I don’t understand this. My current payment gateway is 100% paypal. Is the paid subscriber ID the unique or recurring transaction ID? Or is it something from within S2? Is it something else from within PayPal? When I look in paypal I don’t see this. The only field I see on the old membership data which might equal this is called premiumcast_cred which doesn’t seem to be coming from PayPal so I don’t think it is relevant.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:15 pm #26981
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

My current payment gateway is 100% paypal. Is the paid subscriber ID the unique or recurring transaction ID? Or is it something from within S2? Is it something else from within PayPal?

Yes, the Paid Subscr. ID is the unique PayPal Subscription ID. Every PayPal subscription is identified by a unique Subscription ID that PayPal generates at the time the subscription is created. When PayPal communicates with s2Member about various events (subscription canceled, payment failure, etc.), s2Member looks at the Subscription ID provided in the message and searches for the s2Member user with the matching Paid Subscr. ID.

When I look in paypal I don’t see this. The only field I see on the old membership data which might equal this is called premiumcast_cred which doesn’t seem to be coming from PayPal so I don’t think it is relevant.

Try viewing the details of a PayPal Subscription from within your PayPal account. You may need to visit the Recurring Payments Dashboard. Every PayPal Subscription will be identified by a Subscription ID and it will probably look something like I-EUAVMMPD04HF.

If your old membership software did not save the Subscription ID, then you’ll need to go into PayPal, find the Subscription ID for each user, and then copy that ID to the Paid Subscr. ID field so that s2Member knows which PayPal subscription belongs to each user.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:17 pm #27105

Thank you! That helps.

I want to import users into s2 Pro. The instructions for a blank field say to leave the double quotes there (as if there was content between them) and include the comma so s2 knows to import nothing for any specific field we’re not using. However, when I look at the example it looks as if there is a space between the quotes and that it doesn’t just have ‘nothing’ in it. Is this correct or was the space inserted for the purpose of typing and being able to tell one double quote mark from another?

Is the correct format for importing a single blank field within the data string:

[double quote mark][double quote mark][comma]

or

[double quote mark][space][double quote mark][comma]

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:16 pm #27156
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

It’s two double-quotes, with no space between them.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.