latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

content dripping and php

Home Forums Community Forum content dripping and php

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Scott Cappos 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:00 am #25878
Scott Cappos
Username: scott

I would like to have a 14 day free trial of limited content, then charge the customer and then open up all the content on my site. I have about 200 pages that would be activated after the 14 day trial.

What is the best method to do this? Dripping or some other method?

If I need PHP—

I have exec php plug in: where do I put the PHP? In the html section of the wordpress page?

How would this 14 day sample look in php? I have no problem adding the php to the pages, if I knew what and where to put it.

Thanks

Scott

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 7:54 am #25916

Hi Scott.

You can give a trial managed by the gateway, so it’ll wait that time before making the first charge. When you generate the shortcode for the button/pro-form, you’ll see there’s an option to give a trial term.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms[/hilite]

If instead of delaying the payment, you want to delay the content for 14 days, then you’d use PHP as explained here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 9:19 am #25943
Scott Cappos

Thanks, does the php go into the html editor in a specific page?

If I want 30 days, can I cut and paste from the example listed in dripping below and paste into my html of a page?

= 30){ ?>
Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 30 days ago.

Thanks

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 9:20 am #25944
Paul Foster
Username: PAFoster

DITTO!!!! What just about to say the same thing!!

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 9:57 am #25948
Scott Cappos

All the php did not copy, however, if I can the exact php and where to place it, I can go forward.

Thanks again

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:02 am #25949
Paul Foster
Username: PAFoster

@Scott, you are right in what you are saying, just make sure you have the ‘php execution’ plugin, then taht php goes straight into your HTML editor when creating the page.

Only problem is, it doesn’t appear to work, which is why I’ve joined in this thread.

As you can see from when you posted the code (use the code button above) the

= 30){ ?>

part of the code displays on the page.

(which is what I thought you were mentioning when you posted)

I’m just setting up the same thing as you.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 9:48 pm #25999
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Scott, Paul,

If all of the PHP code that you enter into the HTML Editor on WordPress does not get saved when you save the post, then I suspect either a problem with the PHP execution plugin that you’re using (I personally use the Exec-PHP Plugin), or a problem with another plugin causing a conflict, or perhaps even a strange bit of JavaScript that your WordPress theme includes.

For the latter two cases, I suggest disabling other plugins until you find the culprit, and/or switching to the default WordPress theme (e.g., TwentyEleven) to see if that fixes the issue.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:20 pm #26004
Scott Cappos

Thanks, I use the same plug in, I will check other issues.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.