latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content restricted to members, not vertically

Home Forums Community Forum Content restricted to members, not vertically

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:20 am #7459

I need to know if I can allow different content to be visible to different membership kinds, not level.

From what I read on your docs, a level 4 member can access all lower level content as well. I need membership A to access content A only, membership B to access content B only and so forth…

I will have different levels of membership with A or B (level 1-4) but again, the contents between A and B need to be unaccessible unless user has the correct membership.

Thanks
David

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:54 am #7461
cassel
Username: cassel

Yes, you can do that. You can use the ccap (custom capabilities), so you can decide that membershipA will get access to all the posts/pages/content restricted for ccap “A”, and membershipB will get access to everything that has ccap “B”. Then, you can get fancy and give access to a “super member” to all the “A” and the “B” and so on.

I am currently using it in my site (http://scrapbookcampus.com), where some students enroll in course called “basic”, while others enroll in anoter one called “element”. All the lessons are assigned a ccap of either “basic” or “element” and the students can access only those they paid for.

That is a VERY powerful feature of s2Member. You can read more in your s2Member dashboard under API/Scripting >Custom Capabiilities and you can check the video here:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/A2C07377CF60025E/?tw_p=twt

Good luck

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:44 pm #7475
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

As cassel pointed out, you can achieve that with Custom Capabilities.

I’ll include the video cassel mentioned:

<Embed Playlist>
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.