latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Coupon code question

Home Forums Community Forum Coupon code question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:30 am #21879
cassel
Username: cassel

As i have set up my s2M to accept coupons with the Pro-form, now, i am not sure what i am doing. I read the documentation on how to make the code for the coupon, but if i have this code:

GRAB-0812|12.00|||1963

I understand it would mean the code “GRAB-0812” will give $12 off the offer on page #1963
Do i put it only in the s2M page about the coupons? What is the code i am giving the customer? is it GRAB-0812 only?

Right now, i have the #1963 because that is the page where my checkout pro-form is. I am not sure that is what i want, since i want the coupon to be valid on a deal that will be about a specific ccap. How do i do that?

The ccap is woct2011, the page where this product is available uses conditionals with the ccap to show either the content or the sale pitch. That is all on page #1386, but the checkout pro-form is on page #1963.

So what code should it be?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  cassel.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:38 am #21967
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Yes, that coupon code is formatted correctly for this scenario. You will simply give the customer “GRAB-0812” and when they enter that coupon code into a Pro-Form during checkout, it will discount the checkout amount by $12.

If you only want people with a specific Custom Capability to see the coupon code field on the Pro-Form, then as part of your conditionals you can set accept_coupons=”0″ for anyone who doesn’t have the Custom Capability. If they do have the Custom Capability, you set accept_coupons=”1″ so that the Coupon Code field shows up.

There is not currently any way to limit coupons to specific Custom Capabilities, so you’d need to simply hide/show the Coupon Code field on the Pro-Form using your conditionals.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:47 am #21971
cassel

I was not clear on the question for the ccaps. I am just wondering if i make a coupon (like in the example above), if it will be useable ONLY on page #1963, where it is a particular pro-form to purchase a particular product, or can they use the coupon anywhere else, like on page #1399 too?

It is just that the pro-form on that particular page, is to sell a product associated with a specific ccap, and another pro-form on another page will be for a product with different ccaps.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:03 am #22069

For now, coupons are usable in any pro-form. In the future you’ll be able to limit them in several new ways, including the form they can be used in.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:17 am #22073
cassel

Cristian, i am unclear with your answer. Do you mean that i could create a coupon useable for any pro-form or do you mean that the one coupon i created, the customer could use it on any pro-form on my site, getting a deal on anything he chooses?

If that is the case, what is the page # for? For the page where it can be used or for the product it can be used against?

ETA: by testing, it looks like the # is the page where the pro-form is located. So the coupon is valid ONLY on that page. I guess if i didn’t specify that page #, then a customer could use it anywhere. Can you just confirm that?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:49 am #22083

You’re right! I’m so sorry, I completely forgot that Jason added that feature some months ago… Time to get some sleep. :P

By default, s2Member accepts Coupon Codes on any Pro Form with Shortcode Attribute: [hilite mono]accept_coupons="1"[/hilite].
* However, you may configure Coupon Codes that ONLY work on specific Post or Page IDs, as seen below.

[hilite mono]SAVE-10|10%|||123[/hilite] ( 10% off; works only on Post or Page ID #123 )
[hilite mono]SAVE-15|15%||ra-only|123[/hilite] ( 15% off Regular Amount(s); works only on Post or Page ID #123 )
[hilite mono]XMAS|5.00|12/31/2021|ra-only|123,456[/hilite] ( $5 off Regular Amount(s); works only on Post or Page IDs 123,456 )
[hilite mono]5PER|5%|12/31/2021|all|all[/hilite] ( 5% off All Amounts; works on all Posts/Pages; this is the default behavior “all” )

Remember, you still need a Pro Form with Shortcode Attribute: [hilite mono]accept_coupons="1"[/hilite]
* s2Member ONLY accepts Coupons on Pro Forms with Shortcode Attribute: [hilite mono]accept_coupons="1"[/hilite]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.