latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

custom membership types

Home Forums Community Forum custom membership types

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 2:53 pm #23121

Hi

i’m creating a tutorial based website with tutorials in different topics (7 to be precise). I want to offer subscriptions based on the topic and also a combinations of topics. so if a user subscribes to 1 topic they should get access to just that topic and no other but if the user subscribes to two or more topics they should be able to get access to those aswell.

currently if the user buys level two membership they get access to level 2 and 1. is there a way to make the categories as such as they are not offered as levels but just access to that certain topic? for example

topic 1 – membership 1
topic 2 – membership 2
topic 3 – membership 3

so if the user wants to learn topic 3 they just get access to that topic but if they want access to topic 1 and 3 then they can subscribe to one and 3 without getting access to topic 2.

sorry if this is confusing, any advice would be appreciated

thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  royden gomes.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 4:03 pm #23123
cassel
Username: cassel

This is not confusing and it is a very common request. Instead of separating the different courses by level (as you see, it does not really separate them), you can use custom capabilities (that is what i use) and then YOU can call each course the way you want.

Check below this page, under Popular videos and click on the Custom Capabilities one. Those ccaps, are very powerful and will likely do exactly what you need.

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 6:16 am #23152
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Royden,

Cassel is correct. You should use the Custom Capabilities feature. Please see Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities) for more information.

Posted: Sunday Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:24 am #24684

Thanks for the advice…..I did spend some time trying it out….from what I understand about custom capabilities I’d that I have to pre create the package and in my case I have 5 different topics which would mean 25 different combinations. (Any 1 topic, any 2 topic combinations all the way till all 5 topics) is there a way to set s2 member to recognise the combinations automatically such as any 2 membership topics and provide a price accordingly?

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 9:14 am #24747
cassel
Username: cassel

You might use combined conditionals and ccaps. Could you share an example of what you would want to achieve?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.