latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Customize Sign Up Form

Home Forums Community Forum Customize Sign Up Form

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 5:08 pm #9603

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #9605
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Renny, thanks for your inquiry.

Have you tried going over the options under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields?

I believe you will find everything you need there.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #9630

I’m also looking to fully customizing the sign up forms. Is there a hook where I can modify the form template? I need to add classes and change the html mark up for it.

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:39 pm #9771

When I created a custom field for “Full Name” all it did was add that field to the login here (I’ve since removed the extra field): http://www.passionandpossibilities.com/wp-login.php?action=register

I still don’t understand how to put my own custom form within a page that’s on my site. I do not want to use the auto-generated page. Please re-read my initial request and view the links to visualize what I’m looking for.

Thank you so very much for any help you can provide!

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:04 pm #9787
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Reeny,

If you don’t want to use the default WordPress registration page (i.e., /wp-login.php?action=register), then you’ll need to create your own WordPress page to hold the registration form (e.g., http://www.passionandpossibilities.com/register/). You can then generate the sign-up form using the s2Member Pro forms (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms) and place the resulting shortcode on your registration page.

If you’ve added any custom fields in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields, those fields will show up along with the generated Pro-Form. You can restrict fields to certain levels (e.g., have a set of fields for Free Registration forms, and another set for Level 1 registration forms) by changing the “Applicable Membership Levels” option when you create the field.

If you wish to style the Pro-Forms manually and change the way they look (e.g., width, padding, etc.), please see Pre Sale FAQs » Can I change the width of s2Member® Pro Forms easily? and Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Does that answer your question?

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:31 pm #9805

I thought I would be able to simply put the needed form fields into any page on my site. I wanted it to look like this: http://www.passionandpossibilities.com/home-1

So you are saying the layout in the link above is not possible without a lot of custom coding?

Thank you for your help and patience!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:14 pm #9881
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Reeny,

You can certainly place the Pro-Form shortcode on any WordPress post/page, but if you want it customized to look like the small form on the page you linked to, then yes you’ll need to customize the CSS and/or template files for the Pro-Form by following the information in the last two links that I provided in my previous post.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.