latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dashboard S2 Access

Home Forums Community Forum Dashboard S2 Access

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 10:44 pm #26908

I have a “roles” WP plugin with which I can create new WP roles and set things up so the additional moderators and admins I have in my website can access the things they need to access to help out–but are locked out of the things they don’t need.

S2 is one of the things I don’t want everyone messing with the settings. Once it is set up, I don’t want anyone changing it who doesn’t know what’s what. Also, I don’t want anyone getting my encryption key for security reasons.

At the moment, all of my extra help admins/moderators can access S2 when logged in. I’m not talking about the S2 admin or moderator level, I’m talking the help I get keeping spammers out of my entire website–not just the membership portion. I don’t understand how S2 works well enough to know which roles/functions to turn off to hide S2 controls from the people who don’t need to access it. Can someone explain this to me? Since installing S2, I can see a number of new items in my “roles” and capabilities selections (such as all of my various membership levels) so I can see some of the S2 access quite readily but nothing I click or deselect tests on login from keeping these volunteer helpers out of the S2 portion of the dashboard.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:24 pm #26982
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

s2Member is simply a WordPress plugin, so access to it would be controlled the same way access to any plugin is controlled. Some role editor plugins, like Advanced Access Manager, allow you to disable access to entire plugins. Your roles plugin may or may not have those same options. You may want to contact the support for the plugin you’re using to see if there is a way of disabling specific plugins.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 1:12 pm #27093

Thanks. While watching a video on coding set up, I discovered the answer I was looking for–s2 assumes all WP roles higher than subscriber have access to all of your s2 level content. With the roles plugin it looks as if access to some of these are turned off but in fact via s2 they are turned on. Thanks for your help in clearing up the confusion how it works.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 6:50 pm #27150
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

No problem. Glad I could help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.