latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Default WP user search pagination is broken

Home Forums Community Forum Default WP user search pagination is broken

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Christopher Thombs 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:19 pm #54001

The user search works fine when the plugin is disabled, but while the S2Member plugin is enabled, very odd results are returned.

Here is a very specific example:

1) Go to the user page, and search for something like ‘gmail’

2) The results claim there are 241 users containing ‘gmail’ (although I only have 30 total users)

3) There are 12 pages of results, with 1-3 results per page

If you disable the plugin, and refresh the search result page you get the REAL numbers (results=13, pages=1)

I have tried messing with screen options, the URL parameters, nothing is working.

I just upgraded everything on the site (WP=3.5.2 and Plugin=2Member® Pro v130617)

I reverted back to the default theme, issue persists.

Any help would be appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:52 pm #54076

It looks like this person is having the same issue, although this topic has been closed due to inactivity:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/user-search-inaccurate/

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 8:28 am #54145

Did you try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Could you please try the hack in this post and tell me if it changes this behavior? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/extremely-slow-user_meta-query/#post-54130

Thanks!

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 12:30 pm #54166

Hi Cristián –

Thanks for the reply. Here’s what I’ve tried, without any luck:

1. Swapping to default theme
  2. Disabling all other plugins
  3. Disabling all other plugins WHILE using the default theme
  4. The my_user_search_modifier hack that you mentioned in that link – this actually made it worse where zero results would turn up in a user search
  5. Checked the table for wp_usermeta – everything seemed normal
  6. Optimized all tables in the database
  7. Server configuration is likely not the issue, we have this site on 2 completely different servers (dev + prod) and both instances are yielding the exact same results
  8. Everything is 100% up-to-date, all plugins and WP
  9. I tried re-installing the plugin to ensure that no files were missed (I used both FTP, and the WP plugin wizard)

I think that’s everything that I’ve seen so far to try. The only time that the user search works, is if I disable the S2Member plugin.

The problem isn’t so much that the results are slow to load, but that the results are totally inaccurate.

I have 30 users total, but a search for “gmail” returns 240 results, with some serious pagination issues.

See below (click to enlarge):

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 7:25 am #54288

Thank you. We’ve created an internal Issue to track the progress of this for the next maintenance release. The lead developer says he looked at this once before and it was actually attributed to a bug in WP itself. However, he is going to look at this again and be sure there is not something more we can do.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:05 am #54574

Jason improved this in the new version released today. Please update s2Member to v130731 to try it. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:40 pm #54613

Confirmed. This is working correctly now :-)

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 4:23 pm #54657

Yes, this is working now for me as well. Thank you so much!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.