latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Domain Error Must have Matching Domain

Home Forums Community Forum Domain Error Must have Matching Domain

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:11 pm #9067
Rebecca
Username: rebeccaz

Some of my customers are receiving the following error message when they go to my PayPal Pro form
“domain error must have matching domain.” I’m not able to product this error on my end, but about five customers have claimed to see it on their end.

Live Sign-up Page: https://www.downloadandprint.com/signup/?s2-ssl=yes

Here is the short code I’m using for my page: (1-year, non-reoccurring for $25)

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$25.00 USD / One Time ( for 1-year access, non-recurring)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.downloadandprint.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="25.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

Any ideas what might be causing this?

-Rebecca

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 5:28 am #9094

Hi Rebecca.

Odd, you custom attribute domain matches the one you’re using in the site. Could it be that you have a link to that page somewhere that is missing the www?
Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

Also, do you get a log entry from those payment attempts? If so, please quote some here x’ing out any private info.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:06 pm #9144
Rebecca

I can’t find any links to that page without the “www” in the URL.

I did not have the logging enabled under PayPal account details. I’ve activated it now and will monitor the logs. I will report back when I get some data.

Posted: Monday Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:08 pm #9145

OK

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 2:24 pm #9479
Rebecca

I have the log files with data now, but after talking to a customer it appears they receive the error message before filling out the form. I also saw the error message yesterday when looking at the payment page, but am not able to reproduce it. The error message appears in a red “Ajax” style alert box at the top of the page ans says “domain error must have matching domain”.

Because the error message appears before they completed the form, they did not attempt to make a payment, so I’m not sure if the logs will provide any relevant data.

I see two log file paypal-ipn.log and paypal-api.log – what should I be looking for in those files to determine a failed payment or not?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:35 pm #9533
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Rebecca,

I suspect the problem is as Cristian suggested: somehow users are getting to your page using the non-www URL:

https://downloadandprint.com/signup/?s2-ssl=yes

If you visit that page, you’ll see the red box that displays the warning that your customers described.

Can you ask the customers who reported this how they arrived at that page (e.g., where they clicked on the link)?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:31 pm #9551

Yes, I agree with Raam. Just tried the URL you posted, but without the www, and got the error.
https://downloadandprint.com/signup/?s2-ssl=yes

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.