latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Download Issue: Always Redirects to…

Home Forums Community Forum Download Issue: Always Redirects to…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 9:05 am #30587

I am alredy used to working with S2Member. But this time I’m experiencing an annoying problem… Whenever I try to download a file I am redirect to Membership Options Page.

It’s very strange because I’ve tried everything.

• Reinstalled the plugin
  • I’ve checked the .htaccess files in the root folder of the site and wp-content/plugin/s2member-files and are correct.
  • I’ve tested download files from local folder s2member-files and also through integration with Amazon S3.

Nothing worked so far.

I Would like to receive guidance about this case. Thank you.

PS: I’m using the free version of S2Member on this project.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:35 pm #30690
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Hellston,

The only reason you’d be redirected to the Membership Options Page is if you don’t have permission to download the file. So, I’d start with checking Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions. Does the user you’re using to test the download have enough downloads allowed for their given level? Is it possible that user has already reached their max-allowed downloads? If you’re using Advanced Download Restrictions (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions), then you’ll want to make sure your download key is correct.

Finally, you may want to look over Common Troubleshooting Tips and Resolving Problems with File Downloads to try some of the suggestions there.

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:18 pm #30712

Raam, thanks for the reply. I’m using “Basic Download Restrictions”.

The problem exists for any user (can be new or old). And right now, I configured infinite downloads and the problem continues.

I can pass you the access data to my site, so you can see the problem happening. (Tell me how I can do this)

This problem is very strange and never happened to me before. I guess it could be some kind of new bug.

Because I’ve read the whole forum and also the knowledge base. And I found no mention about this problem.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:19 am #30733

What level does the test user have? Did you protect the file at a particular level? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability and Member Level Files[/hilite]

Are you having this problem with your admin account too? s2Member doesn’t apply any restrictions to the admin.

Could you post the URL of the Membership Options Page when you get redirected there? Make sure you include the variables in it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Membership Options Page Variables (MOP Vars)[/hilite]

You can send the login info using the contact form. Please include the URL to the page with the download link. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Still, please review the articles Raam pointed to and follow the suggestions there.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 7:29 am #30764

Cristián, thanks for the clarification.

Here are the answers to your questions.

About the levels: The problem happens at all levels. There was no set “Custom Capability”.

About Admin Account: Yes, it redirects too.

The URL that redirects:

http://www.planilhaexcel.com/assinatura-requerida/?_s2member_seeking[type]=file&_s2member_seeking[file]=lote1%2Fgraficos%2FGrafico-Userform.zip&_s2member_seeking[_uri]=Lz9zMm1lbWJlcl9maWxlX2Rvd25sb2FkPWxvdGUxL2dyYWZpY29zL0dyYWZpY28tVXNlcmZvcm0uemlw&_s2member_req[type]=level&_s2member_req[level]=1&_s2member_res[type]=file&s2member_seeking=file-lote1%2Fgraficos%2FGrafico-Userform.zip&s2member_level_req=1

PS: I have sent the data access via the contact form.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:58 am #30861

Thanks, I got the email.

The vars in the URL say the file restriction was applied, requiring the user to have Level 1 access.

I tried downloading the file while logged in to the account you sent, and I was able to download it instead of being redirected to the Membership Options page. http://www.planilhaexcel.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/lote1/graficos/Grafico-Userform.zip

Are you sure you were logged in to your account when you tried?

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:35 am #30865

Cristián, thanks for the feedback.

Did you use a direct link to the file. So it worked.

http://www.planilhaexcel.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/lote1/graficos/Grafico-Userform.zip

I need to use the link in the form below.

http://planilhaexcel.com/?s2member_file_download=lote1/graficos/Grafico-Userform.zip

Because it will allow me to use files hosted on Amazon S3.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:17 am #30893

The URL I tried would still work with the Amazon integration. Please read this: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage[/hilite]

The problem with the other URL you posted, is that it’s missing the [hilite mono]www.[/hilite]. I could download the file after adding it. Please read this: Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:39 am #30896

Cristián, the problem has now been solved because it was precisely the presence or absence of

in the URL.

I really had not realized that this detail was important at this point.

Thank you for your help and congratulations for the excellent work.

Posted: Thursday Nov 8th, 2012 at 7:24 am #31006

Thanks for the kudos! I’m very glad I could help you solve it. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.