latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error Compilation failed:Posix on info pages

Home Forums Community Forum Error Compilation failed:Posix on info pages

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:50 am #5835

S2 member works fine for me, but since 120213 I cannot view either s2member info nor s2memper pro info site. Everything else is okay.
I’m using Nginx if that matters (could think so since you did some changes specific to litespeed and nginx on 120212).

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Compilation failed: POSIX collating elements are not supported at offset 90 in …. /wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/_xtnls/markdown/nc-markdown.inc.php on line 810

I looked it up and noticed this happened 1 year ago to some people on updates – however automatic updates work fine without any probs for me….

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:24 pm #5988
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Could you please try deleting the s2Member Framework and s2Member Pro plugin files from /wp-content/plugins/ and then reinstalling them? To ensure that you don’t lose any settings, please make sure you have enabled deactivation safeguards in WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Deactivation Safeguards.

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:41 am #6507

Tried it – still the exactly same error.

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #6555

So the plugin works fine, but you get this error only in the info pages?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member -> s2Member Info[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member -> s2Member Pro Info[/hilite]

Do you get the same error with the latest 120219 release?

I’m emailing Jason to take a look at this, too. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #6573
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the heads up on this topic.
@extremecarver … What version of PHP is your server running please?

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:14 pm #6576

yes, also with the newest version. It started with the above mentioned version.

PHP 5.3.8 (the newest available on Opensuse I guess). Everything else works fine, that’s why it’s not that troublesome. Also automatic updates work without probs.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:40 am #6639
Staff Member

Thank you. I believe this issue was reported once before, and we discovered that it’s actually NOT related to the Markdown library or with s2Member, but rather it’s a known bug in the PCRE library that is sometimes compiled in with your installation of PHP.

The bug was also reported here, and I’d suggest reviewing this article.
http://drupal.org/node/1255780

If you can, please run <?php phpinfo(); ?> on your site, and determine the current version of PCRE that you’re running. Upon running <?php phpinfo(); ?>, you should find the version of PCRE that your installation of PHP is running with. See: http://php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php

In short, you can try reverting to an older version of PHP, or compiling PHP against a patched version of the PCRE library, or perhaps upgrade to PHP v5.3.10 to see if that helps. I’ve tested this against PHP v5.3.8 and was unable to reproduce the issue against the bundled copy of PCRE v8.12. However, it’s possible that your installation of PHP was compiled against a different version of PCRE that already existed on the server (i.e. instead of the bundled copy that comes with PHP v5.3.8).

See also: http://www.php.net/manual/en/pcre.installation.php
See also: http://bugs.exim.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1136

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:16 am #6653

okay, seems to be it. My PCRE version is: 8.13 2011-08-16

so my pcre is right from August, when the bug got reported.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:01 pm #6695
Staff Member

OK. Thanks VERY much for reporting back.
~ So it sounds like the solution here is to use the bundled copy
of PCRE that comes with PHP v5.3.8, which is PCRE version 8.12.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.