latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free Membership

Home Forums Community Forum Free Membership

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 4:18 am #24973

Does S2Member free version allow to have multiple free memberships.
Like if I want Silver and Gold to be free but Platinum to be paid.
Also pls tell me how to create a free membership and if I need to convert it into paid membership at later stage can I do that. If yes then what will happen to the existing Members who registered free.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:53 am #25004

Hi Manish.

Does S2Member free version allow to have multiple free memberships.
Like if I want Silver and Gold to be free but Platinum to be paid.

You’d need the free registration pro-form to do that. The free version doesn’t have this.

Also pls tell me how to create a free membership and if I need to convert it into paid membership at later stage can I do that. If yes then what will happen to the existing Members who registered free.

Any free account can be upgraded to a paid one, just make sure the user is logged in when he clicks the payment button.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:17 am #25113

1. So that means free versioin of S2Member doesn’t have any option for free membership ?

2. Please clarify on the second part.
Say I have a free membership called Silver. Now after 1 year if I plan to charge for this Silver Membership what would happen to the existing members. Would they continue to access the site for free or would they require to pay?

3. If you could let me know a rough ETA for the new version it would be great :-)

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 2:09 am #25129
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

1. So that means free versioin of S2Member doesn’t have any option for free membership ?

The free version of s2Member does not have any options for allowing free membership to various levels of membership, that is correct.

2. Please clarify on the second part.
Say I have a free membership called Silver. Now after 1 year if I plan to charge for this Silver Membership what would happen to the existing members. Would they continue to access the site for free or would they require to pay?

Existing members would continue to access the site for free and only those who you start charging for signups would be paying. If you wanted to force Level 2 members to pay, you’d need to use Advanced PHP Conditionals (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals) to check if they have a S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_TIME (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants) and then show them a paid registration form instead of the content.

Alternatively, when you’re ready to start charging members, you could start using Level 3, change all your content to be restricted to Level 3, and then start requiring people to upgrade to a paid Level 3 (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons) to continue receiving access to the content.

3. If you could let me know a rough ETA for the new version it would be great :-)

We do not currently have an ETA, but we’re working hard to get the next version out as soon as possible.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:21 am #25267

I read this in S2Member general options page.

s2Member supports Free Subscribers ( at Level #0 ), along with four Primary Levels [1-4] of paid Membership. If you want your visitors to be capable of registering absolutely free, you will want to “allow” Open Registration. Whenever a visitor registers without paying, they’ll automatically become a Free Subscriber, at Level #0.

Can I use this feature to restrict content to registered users only ? I want some content to be viewed by registered (free) users only and not visible to non-registered users.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 5:54 am #25276

Can I use this feature to restrict content to registered users only ? I want some content to be viewed by registered (free) users only and not visible to non-registered users.

Sure. Just protect the content at Level 0.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.