latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Get PayPal button URL instead?

Home Forums Community Forum Get PayPal button URL instead?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #12948
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

I’m trying to figure this one out, hopefully there’s a simple answer.

I’d like to get a PayPal URL for a checkout button INSTEAD of a shortcode or embed code. Reason is that I’m using a landing page plugin for wordpress that allows a URL as a button, but not shortcodes or anything longer.

I suppose I could take the embed code and figure out how to hand-code it on PayPal so it creates the same, but then I’d be worried about if S2 would handle the new customer properly.

Any tips/tricks would be appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 2:34 am #13038
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Skip,

You can force the s2Member PayPal Button Shortcode to output a URL instead of outputting a button. Simply change the output= attribute to either url or anchor. See the following description of the output= attribute from Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained):

output=”button” Output Type. Possible values: button = PayPal® Button w/hidden inputs, anchor = PayPal® Button ( < a > anchor tag ) URL w/ ?query string, url = raw URL w/ ?query string.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 1:28 pm #13061
Skip Shean
Username: skipshean

ok i was able to get the URL version, but when I do, it says “You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks.” on the PayPal checkout page.

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 12:15 am #13265
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Could you please try clearing your browser cache and then testing again?

Also, have you tried getting the URL from the page source (“View Source”) instead of copying it from the output that’s displayed on the page?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.