latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Help with Building a new site using s2

Home Forums Community Forum Help with Building a new site using s2

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Nik Diloreto 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #60688

I read all the info and watched all the videos but it’s missing the start up help ie:
1. Login and Logout buttons (where are they)
2. I see member pages before I login (why?)
3. I don’t see my account when i login

Is there any videos or documents on this stuff?
Thanks
Donna

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 7:48 pm #60700
cassel
Username: cassel

Here is the little help I can offer:

1- the Login and Logout. I personally made my own buttons to link to the page http://yourdomain/wp-login.php?action=register. Honestly, I cannot remember how the logout button was done (sorry, it was over 2 years ago).

2- The member pages are probably not protected yet. Did you protect them with a ccap or other?

3- What account are you expecting to see? as an admin, you will be automatically be directed to the dashboard. If you are using a test member who is not an admin, you will just log in to Login Welcome Page that you will have to define here s2Member > General Options > Login Welcome page.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 9:15 pm #60701

Hi,
thank you,

I have pages that only the members can see what menu do i put them on? Maybe that’s why they are not being seen when you login. wp has 2 menus main and sub should i put all the member pages under the sub?

Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 9:40 pm #60702

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I submitted details via the contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 11:14 pm #60709
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not sure about the menus. I only use one, and I put all the categories in it. If a whole category is supposed to be protected, I keep it there (it makes a little advertisement for me) and if someone is clicking on it, then they can either be redirected to the Membership Option page, or have a little sale pitch determined with some conditionals (so if the person has the proper ccap, they see the content, if not, they get a sale pitch).

Would that work for you?

Posted: Tuesday Oct 29th, 2013 at 4:43 am #60725

Hello Donna, for customizing the menu probably the easiest way is to look on the left side, under “appearance -> menu”. You will be taken to the section in which will be able to do what you need.

In order to protect the pages look in the s2member -> restriction options -> page access restriction; there you will be able to add pages / posts (comma separated) in the level corresponding to that one your customers are dropped in when they subscribe.

Hope this helps

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.