latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How do paid members login later?

Home Forums Community Forum How do paid members login later?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  paul wallin 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #18398

Hi,

So basically – I’m new to this. I’ve set up s2member on my site – and I’ve followed all the prompts etc.

What I need to know is this:

I only have one level of access on my site, and it is a paid membership (there is no free registration option).
So I have set up the paypal button on my ‘enrol’ page (otherwise known as ‘membership options’ page).

It all works up to there. A potential member would click on the paypal option and pay. But – don’t they have to register first? And if so – how do I direct them to a registration page?

I’m confused, because as I understand it, once they have paid they are then sent an emial with their login and password details. But then what happens? Is there an automatic login page on my site that they are directed to?

I mean – I have designed the login box options on s2member, but how do members access this?

Secondly – once they have paid and logged in etc – how do they log back in on another day, if they have previously logged out? So, for example, they have paid – they register, they can access the site.

But then they log out. When they return, how do they log back in without having to go through the whole process again?

Just a bit baffled :/

Cheers :)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Raam Dev. Reason: Moved to Community Forum (not Pre-Sale question)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:29 am #18481
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member
Technical support question, not Pre-Sale (wrong forum).

Moving this thread into Community Forum so you have a chance to receive assistance from other site owners. If you’d like priority support from s2Member®, please re-post this topic in our Customer Support Forum and we’ll take a closer look for you.

For further details, please read our Support Policy.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 6:01 am #18660
Steve
Username: harty

When a member attempts to access a protected page they will be asked to log in or join up.
If they have already paid to join then they will know their user name and password.
You should also be able to place a login panel using a widget if you wish.

You can test this by login out and then clicking on a protected page.

Steve

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 1:47 pm #45513

I’m with Steve on this question.

Site: http://www.recruityourkid.com

I have two page links in the header;
About the Advantage (free to view)
Advantage Membership (paypal form).

But what I can’t figure out here, is where, or moreso HOW to put another page link (or php programming of a link) for members to LOGIN. (after they have paid). then, from there it will take them to pages that you can’t see (member only pages).

Thanks…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.