latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I would like a refund please

Home Forums Community Forum I would like a refund please

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Elayne Whitfield 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 3:55 pm #43807

I have asked for support here in every conceivable way.
I have, as advised, hired not one, not two, but THREE developers to help me with the importing of my amember database (which I was assured was not only possible but relatively easy). I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get this to work with no success.
I have asked on the forum.
I have sent an email to support.
The support that I have NOT received here is inexcusable.
I would like an immediate refund PLEASE.

Elayne

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 1:48 pm #43976
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Elayne,

It seems Cristian was helping you in your other post regarding the import:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/trouble-importing-amember-database/

I don’t know how it’s going on the email side, but it seems on the forums he is helping you following the support policy (s2Member® » Support Policy). 48 hours did not pass before you received an answer. :)

As stated in the refund policy, you may only receive a refund if s2Member fails to work as promoted and we weren’t able to solve the problem. Within 30 days of purchase:

However, we will consider a refund within the first 30 days of your purchase, if you are unable to install a Product. Or, if the Product fails to perform basic functions, as designed. And, you HAVE already worked with, and followed all advice presented by our support team, in an effort to resolve these issues. Any refunds that are processed, will be granted at the sole discretion of s2Member®. No refunds will be given after 30 days from the initial purchase whatsoever. By purchasing a Product at s2Member.com, you agree to the terms of our Refund Policy. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase.

s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

So basically, I’m afraid we can’t provide a refund, following the refund policy. :/

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Mar 7th, 2013 at 2:42 pm #43983

I appreciate that he did eventually answer me but while he did provide some feedback on issues that I wasn’t experiencing, he didn’t address MY issues. MY difficulty is importing an amember database and his answer was about how to make the users screen look less cramped by unchecking the fields in screen options.

Does the policy say that as long as you give an answer, no matter how irrelevant it is to the question being asked, the policy stands?

It seems impossible to make this work unless you are a developer.

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 5:59 am #44050

Hi Elayne.

I appreciate that he did eventually answer me but while he did provide some feedback on issues that I wasn’t experiencing, he didn’t address MY issues. MY difficulty is importing an amember database and his answer was about how to make the users screen look less cramped by unchecking the fields in screen options.

I mentioned that tip in case you found it helpful, but after I had addressed your questions before.

It seems impossible to make this work unless you are a developer.

But no coding is needed for it, the documentation explains the process and you said that you were able to do a test import successfully.

Elayne Whitfield said:
I did a test import of the users that I exported from amember and it seemed to work fine. It took me, who knows very little about 30 minutes.

I’m not sure what wasn’t addressed and what the problem is if you were able to do an import. I left you a reply in the other thread so we can continue it there. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 8:18 am #44595

After hiring several developers who were simply unable to help with this or completely dishonest I have given up. We can not import our data and the support has not been effective.

I’m sure it’s my fault because I’m not a web developer but, from what I read before purchasing, you didn’t have to be a web developer to make this plugin work.

I even had individuals email me directly saying that clearly the support hear did not understand the issue and were not providing adequate support.

So, I understand that due to some ‘small print’ somewhere that I didn’t read I can not get a refund but I would like to caution those who are NOT developers to ‘beware’ that if YOU can’t make it work, that’s YOUR problem. Be prepared to spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on a web developer if you run into any difficulty.

Once again, I would like to request a REFUND.

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 8:19 am #44596

For the record, I have purchased WP MUDEV and they have provided great support and we are up and running.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.