latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I'm just looking for secure login.

Home Forums Community Forum I'm just looking for secure login.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 13th, 2012 at 12:16 pm #10744
steve ruddy
Username: sruddy

I have a photography business site and have secure pages set up for proofing galleries. I would like a client login page that would take them to their personal proofing gallery. Will this plug in do that?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:10 am #10799

So each login page is separate/different for each client?

When you say secure pages, do you mean they are password protected and/or on a SSL?

Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 1:43 pm #10847

I am the same as Steve.
I have S2member installed and am trying to figure out home to make secure and seperate client login pages for proofing galleries. Each page would be different for each client and password protected (which would be generated and e-mail to them either automatically or manually by me)

thanks in advance

George

Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #10857

You don’t need S2 to password protect as many separate pages as you want. You don’t even need the s2 because from what it sounds like, your not membership geared. This is just a temporary page or pages that are password protected. If it were me, I would make it more simple and just give your client the password w/ the link to the area that is protected. You don’t even need a user name for this, just the password. To add another layer of protection, have your image directory non-accessible from just browsing the image directory. You could do the same for the actual directory where these pro galleries can reside, but that would be an elongated pain in the … for your clients if they have to go through 2 layers of using a password to view a proof gallery. You can also use a Captcha/Re-Captcha along w/ your password protected pages. I also use a plugin called Invisible Defender that is no longer active, but I still use it because it still works. Their are other WP Security Plugins that can add an extra layer of protection. If your hosting 100’s-1000’s of people, then I would definitely secure my domain on an SSL. Some people call me whacky for using the SSL on the entire site, but as a webmaster, I can sleep at night a lot better.

If your accepting money transfers during this proof gallery phase, then you definitely need the S2.

Now for your existing clients that have paid and have gone through the proof gallery, this is where the real power of S2 comes into play. You can have a membership portal to where your clients can display their online gallery for friends, family, clients, etc. You can even have gallery players that anyone could copy/paste the code on any website. This is where viral marketing comes into play with branding your logo, etc.

Hope this helps…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  GaperVille.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  GaperVille.
Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 6:15 pm #10938
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi George and Steve,

Yes, s2Member can certainly work for your scenario. Please see the video below that explains how Client Portals would be set up:

<Embed Playlist>
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.