latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Independent Products

Home Forums Community Forum Independent Products

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:27 pm #9396

Hello,

I want to sell DIFFERENT products (different dripping content, weekly courses).

In your system as I understand you can only sell ONE product with different levels, right?
When a someone buys level 2 (for me product 2) he also has access to product 1.

I understand that I can with some API coding separate the content so that every level has access ONLY to his level content.
BUT: then the problem is: what do I do if one customer wants to buy another product of mine??? Then I must create all sorts of combinations and do muuuuch coding so that for every customer there is the rigth access to his combination of products, right? (because one client can have only ONE status (level 1 OR level 2! so if he wants BOTH products, I already have to create level 3 artificially to give him access to both separated products!!! this will be quickly very complicated with more products!!)

Dominic

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:00 pm #9403
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Dominic,

If you want to sell multiple products, you wouldn’t use Levels to represent products. Instead, you’d use the s2Member Custom Capabilities feature. Each course would have its own custom capability while all users have the same level.

Then you’d set up your restrictions in such a way that only those with custom capability ‘course1’ can actually see the Course 1 content. (See Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals for advanced ways of filtering content.)

Please see the video below for more about Custom Capabilities:

<Embed Playlist>
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:05 pm #9414

Hi Raam,

thank you, I see.

But…
Still for dripping content products there is only one timestamp available (level1 f.i.). So if a customers starts a subscription A and then ten days later he wants subscr. B – then I can with custom capabilities separate the content exactly but how do I make start the second subscriptions at the start day of booking this subscription?

Dominic

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:49 pm #9501
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Dominic,

s2Member does not currently support multiple recurring subscriptions on one account.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 7:25 pm #9509

Hi Raam,

thanks for the info :)

Dominic

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:05 pm #9512

there must be a way around, doesn’t it?!!
…if s2member can’t – what would??

everybody keeps telling me that s2member is the most powerful tool in this area.
but it must be possible to sell more than one newsletter-subscription with it!!??

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:10 pm #9545
Raam Dev
Staff Member

The current version of s2Member only supports one recurring payment subscription per account. However, we’re working to improve that in the next major release of s2Member.

Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 8:11 am #9574
cassel
Username: cassel

One way around this is to integrate the s2Member subscription with a mailing list. As an example, i am using a kind of workaround like that (not the best yet, but it works for now). I get someone to register for a course called “basic”, and the member is added to my MailChimp mailing list. I added a merged tag with the registration for that particular course and enter the date of the registration (i do it manually now, but i might get it automatic with some coding later on). Then, i set up an autoresponder for sending an email 3 days after registration, 7 days after, 14 days after and so on. In my case, i have all the content (the video lessons) on the site and accessible as soon as the member is registered, but you can have the content on different pages, and linked in the email so the new member is not able to find the content until it is time.

It might not the most straightforward method, but it works if you have a small enough membership to do it manually, or do the coding as mentioned in another thread here about Merged Tags in MailChimp.

And this can be done with more than one product since it will be using a different merged tag and a different set of autoresponders.

Hope it helps.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:48 am #9640

That’s a cool tip, Cassel. :)

Posted: Friday Apr 6th, 2012 at 6:33 pm #10258
Ray Masa
Username: raymasa

Thanks for the video tutorial on the topic, this is what I need, but with themes and plugins. This is what I want to do. I have a multisite installed and allow people to signup for their own wordpress blog on my mutisite install. But the themes and plugins available to them will depend on what package they buy. If they buy package A, they will have access to certain themes and pluigins. If they buy package b, they will have access to different themes and plugins.

Is that possible to do? I looked at codex conditional tags, but don’t see themes and plugins as a condition.

Thanks,

Ray

Posted: Saturday Apr 7th, 2012 at 3:26 pm #10286
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Ray,

s2Member restricts access to WordPress Posts and Pages, not to features provided through a multisite install.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:51 am #10460
Ray Masa
Username: raymasa

Thanks Raam

Posted: Tuesday Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:07 pm #10495
Raam Dev
Staff Member

You’re most welcome, Ray! Glad to help. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.