latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Inline video?

Home Forums Community Forum Inline video?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 9:15 am #31573
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

Sorry to be such a newb but, I simply do not understand how to place an inline file — in this case, an .mp4.

Yes, the
Default Inline File Extensions has been added to include “.mp4”

Yes, the video file is in the directory: /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files

Am i missing something?

the test page is here:
http://online.semantica-portuguese.com/video-test
LOGIN testone / test01

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 4:50 pm #31611
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi James,

Are you trying to play a video on the page? If so, you need to be using a video player, like JW Player, for that. The “inline” setting is for things like PDFs, where you might want to have the PDF load directly in the browser (inline) instead of prompting the user to download the file to their computer.

If you try to open a video file “inline”, it may or may not work: It will all depend on the user’s browser. Some web browsers can play video files, some can’t. But if you’re just trying to show the video on a WordPress Post/Page, then you need to use a plugin to do that. Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› JW Player® & RTMP Protocol Examples.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 5:01 pm #31615
JAMES HALL
Username: jhall_3rd

Sorry Raam, i meant to say ’embedded’ video… i’m having no luck at_all with the posted code for jwplayer. My wsysiwyg editor is disabled … i can indeed link directly to the files in a browser and the player is in the right location. This is frustrating.

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 7:50 am #31671

Hi James.

Please check out this article: Knowledge Base » JW Player sample code not working

This shortcode may interest you too: http://phillymax.com/web/s2member-video-shortcode/

I hoipe that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.