latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Internet Explorer 8 and 9 login failure

Home Forums Community Forum Internet Explorer 8 and 9 login failure

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 5th, 2012 at 11:53 pm #7368
Allen W
Username: allenw

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 4:28 am #7429
Staff Member

Hi Allen. Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Interesting. I’m not aware of any issues with IE8/IE9. Have you tried this against a default installation of WordPress, running the default theme with only s2Member activated?

See Also: Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 6:12 am #7440
Allen W
Username: allenw

Thanks for replying so quickly, Jason.

Definitely not a canonical issue. Tried my dev / test WP install with the free vers. of S2 and got the same problem.

Then decided to try logging in to a couple of other WP sites with IE and same thing! And those sites don’t have any membership management programs running!

I started looking around and it seems that there a quite a few people having the same or similar issues with WP and IE so certainly looks like it’s not an S2member problem, and at this point I’m not going to bother trying a default install – If that’s what it would take – forget it.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 12:20 pm #7468
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Allen,

You might want to try running IE9 in Compatibility View to see if that helps. I found this thread on the WordPress.org Support Forums where others were having a similar issue with WordPress and IE9.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.