latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can't get membersignin/signup page to come up

Home Forums Community Forum Can't get membersignin/signup page to come up

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 1:18 pm #51183

From a first day newbie:

I’ve loaded s2M, set up most of the options, particularly the two required pages – welcome and signup pages. When I go to wordpress, I get the same page as before installing s2M, except now there is the “site secure” button at the footer. But it doesn’t take me to the membership signup page.

I am not clear on what to do to get the right opening page [member signup/signin] and to have the pages of WP restricted according to member levels.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 9:22 pm #51255
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello George,

There’s the membership options page, which users get redirected to when they try to access something they can’t. And there’s the login welcome page, to which users are redirected once they login.

You offer users PayPal buttons with which they pay and then get redirected to register as a paid user. You can generate these buttons under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons, but first you must configure PayPal under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options.

Does that answer your question or did I miss something?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 9:50 pm #51259

Hi Eduan:
Thank you very much for the response.
I am having considerable trouble right now because I can ‘t seen to control which pages users are directed to.
The members options page right now is the one a new user is sent to. It should be the signin/signup page. If signup, I need a form and then Paypal buttons, but at this point, I can’t even get the right page to come up.

It seems to me that either I am doing something very wrong, or the help information is misdirected, because I do not see anything talking about how to get the right page at the right time.
Regards,
George

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 10:21 pm #51261
cassel
Username: cassel

I think there might be a confusion in terminology.

You want a “sign up” page to have Paypal buttons to purchase. This would be your Membership Option page (if you want). The page where the users are directed to CAN definitely have those buttons to purchase your membership or product.

The Login page is just the page where a registered user would be sent to LOG IN. If a visitor was to land on that page, they would be prompted to LOG IN, or, at the bottom of that page, they could REGISTER (that would be a free registration for Level 0 by default)

So the path for a visitor would be this:
– comes to the site
– tries to access a restricted page/content
– is sent to the Membership Option page where you can give the pitch of “please, buy this, or register”
On that page, you can have 3 things:
– either Paypal buttons so the visitor can directly purchase from that page
– either a link to a sale page where you can detail more about your products and have a Paypal button there
– or a regular link sending the visitor to register for free (sending to the http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register page)

Have a look at my site for an illustration: http://scrapbookcampus.com/
If you try to access this page: http://scrapbookcampus.com/element-creation-index/plaid-paper-1/
you will be sent to the Membership Option page because it is protected.
From that page, I have links to sales page, but I could also have placed Paypal buttons directly on that page (I just wanted to be pushier).

Do you think this would clarify what is happening with those pages you are talking about?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 12:28 am #51264

First, I love your site! Is that done with WordPress? I would really like to know how to create bordered boxes like that. I have a menu structure similar to that in the main part of my site, but how to do it in WP?
I may cheat, and use your theme, if you wouldn’t mind. It looks far better than the one I’m using.

I can design computers and aircraft, but getting a #@$*&^* simple web site to look right is beginning to get me down.
I understand the page definitions you state, it’s getting the program to point to the right page that is proving to be a problem. I am getting the member option page coming up as the landing page, instead of the signin page as it should be. I don’t see how to identify the landing page so that is the first thing a visitor sees.
Then, every page has an “edit” button on it. I have spent far too much time trying to find a way to eliminate that.

So many little issues, so little patience,
George

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 6:01 am #51307
cassel
Username: cassel

First, I love your site! Is that done with WordPress? I would really like to know how to create bordered boxes like that. I have a menu structure similar to that in the main part of my site, but how to do it in WP?
I may cheat, and use your theme, if you wouldn’t mind. It looks far better than the one I’m using.

Thanks. Yes, it is a WP install and I am using Headway Theme; it is a visual drag and drop system which is very flexible.

I don’t see how to identify the landing page so that is the first thing a visitor sees.

I am not 100% sure, but the landing page I have is just the Index page. I never changed that but I think I saw somewhere in the forum a way to change that and have another page as the first one. I am not sure it is a s2M thing but maybe just a WP thing. Hopefully a support rep can point you to the correct way to do that. It is not something I have done, so I would not know

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.