latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JwPlayer stopped working on SOME Pages

Home Forums Community Forum JwPlayer stopped working on SOME Pages

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  ryannagy 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 2:22 am #22299
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

I am having a rather fascinating though annoying error. My site has been up and running for about 6 weeks now and no problems. But I logged in an hour ago and JWPlayer has stopped working on about 80% of my pages, giving me the dreaded:

“JW Player® appears here.
Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.”

I have not changed anything on the site recently and the code between and working and non-working page looks identical. I do not see any difference between a working and non-working instance of JWPlayer.

Any ideas?

File permissions and such on S3 do not look any different either.

Thanks. – Ryan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 9:52 am #22349
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ryan,

That is strange. Are you running any caching plugins? Have you tried disabling those?

Also please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:23 pm #22365
ryannagy

Thanks Raam.

As a test, I copied and pasted the working code from one page to a page where the code did not work. And that did not help. So perhaps the problem is not in the code.

I ran the server side test (very cool by the way) and I received only one error:

NOTICE] WordPress® Memory LimitAUTO-FIX!dismiss?
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes).

However that fail seems to contradict this PASS so I am not sure what to do:

PASS] WordPress® MAX Memory Limit
Your WordPress® MAX memory limit (WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php, or by default), is set to: 256M

I increased the memory, but not sure it it helped. Checking with Bluehost to see what else needs to be done to increase memory.

Thanks – Ryan

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 1:25 pm #22374
ryannagy

Disabled caching plugin and attempting to increase WP memory, but no matter what I do, it tells me I only have 34:

http://ericksoniancongress.com/members/s2member-server-check-120703.php

I have change the php.ini, added a line to the htaccess, contacted my host etc. I still get this error:

“Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 32M”

Any suggestions?

Thanks Ryan

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 2:39 pm #22381
ryannagy

Ok. This is fixed!! Thank Goodness.

I discovered that the pages that worked were all pages that I created under my admin account. That pages that did NOT work were created by a local programmer who helped me with the site. After checking and double checking that the code was exactly the same I realized that I had lowered the programmers admin login to S2Member Level1.

Why does that matter? I don’t know, but when I make myself the page author everything works fine again.

Thanks! – Ryan

Posted: Sunday Aug 19th, 2012 at 7:12 am #22478

Hi Ryan.

Thanks for the update. I’m very glad you found the problem! :)

I don’t know why that caused you that problem either, but I’ll show it to Jason in case it’s something he needs to look into.

Posted: Sunday Aug 19th, 2012 at 9:57 am #22496
ryannagy

Thanks Cristián. I found out that after I lowered the programmers level the pages question had no “author.” How that affect JWplayer, I don´t know. Just wanted to point it out. – Ryan

Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 6:36 am #22527

Cool. Thanks a lot for helping spot this. I notified Jason about it. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 3:07 pm #23072
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

We will keep an eye on this issue in the future. Currently s2Member is not in control of routines in the authoring of posts, and only restricts data from users viewing the page, therefore any issues with the post’s author is most likely an issue with core WordPress functionality or JWPlayer itself.

Please keep in mind that you can change the author from within the WordPress Dashboard if any problems persist.

Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 6:38 pm #23097
ryannagy

Thanks Jason. I don’t think this is an S2Member issue. I should have noted that in my last posting. S2member handled everything fine. In addition to JWPlayer I have links on my site to download the files and S2member handled them fine and also protected the content (I believe). The only issue was JWPlayer showing an error message.

As always, thanks for your response!

– Ryan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.