latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

MailChimp subscribe to a SEGMENT of a list

Home Forums Community Forum MailChimp subscribe to a SEGMENT of a list

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:41 am #27663

Hello,
How do I add a subscribe box to my reg form that will add a registrant to a SEGMENT of a MailChimp list?

I have one massive email list in MailChimp that has 10 groups or segements. I want to add a check box to the registration form on my site that will subscribe the user to a specific segment of the main list. For example, Group 8

Segments in MailChimp do not have list ID’s so how to I accomplish this?
thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:21 am #27693

Hi there.

You can choose a segment to add the user to when you configure the MailChimp integration in s2Member. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› MailChimp®[/hilite]

You’ll notice the example below the box for the list(s) at each level:

Ex: 4a44fRio5d, 434ksvviEdf, 8834jsdf923, ee9djfs4jel3
Or: 4a44fRio5d::Group Title::Group|Another Group

Also, if you use merge fields, you can have the s2Member custom capabilities be added as merge fields when adding the user, which can be used for segmentation. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2member-mailchimp-and-ccaps/#post-17078

The integration still doesn’t allow checkboxes for the user to pick what segment he’ll be in, though. If you use the ccaps approach, you could add an HTML form to let the user pick the ccaps which, when submitted, reloads the page with the button/pro-form’s shortcode updated with the chosen ccap(s). http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I hope that helps!

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:46 am #27723

Thanks Cristian
I still cannot get this to work :(

Items of note:
I have OPEN SUBSCRIBE on the site. No paid subscriptions.
I am using s2Member to control access to content ONLY based on Member Level but no one pays for anything.
All registrant come in at Level 0.
Member Level is upgraded manually at my clients discretion.
All registrants should be subscribed to the same segment of my main mail list in MailChimp. No separate subscribes for different Levels.

For clarification ‘Group title’ would be the name of the segment of my list?
In anticipation of the answer to that question being YES, my segment (Group) title has a slash in its name. Could this be a problem?

Also, should there be a space between the colons?

4a44fRio5d::Group Title::Group|Another Group
Posted: Monday Oct 8th, 2012 at 3:46 am #27773
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

MailChimp has Groups with multiple segments inside them.

So let’s say you have a Group called “Topics” and inside that you have “Technology”, “Writing”, “Personal”.

If you wanted to add people to the Technology and Writing segments, you’d do:

4a44fRio5d::Topics::Technology|Writing

I wouldn’t be surprised if a slash causes problems, so you might want to experiment with removing it. And no, there should not be a space between the colons.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.