latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integration with MailChimps

Home Forums Community Forum Integration with MailChimps

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 3:26 pm #49705

Hi!
I will talk just about free registered users.
As I understood, by default, a new registered user gets two letters:
– one from WordPress/S2 with password and login link
– the other from MailChimps with list confirmation link.
I think it’s very strange for users to get two letters at once. Also users can get access to site sections and refuse to sign up to the news/offers which is not acceptable for us.
This behavour can be corrected by s2-hack.php from the old forum, which suppresses the second letter from MailChimps.
But in this case any registered users is included to MailChimps lists. Even they entered wrong or somebody else’s email addresses (tested). Of cource, they woud not get access to site, but, in this case we will send emails to the wrong addresses, what also is not acceptable at all.
I think, the right algorithm should be:
User after sining up, gets email with account activation link. It may contains generated password and all other relevant information. And only after a new user activated his/her account, e-mail address should be added to MailChimp list. In this case, user gets only one letter and we are sure, that e-mail address is right and working.
Please advice, how I can implement this (or similar) algorithm, using s2 and MailChimps.
Best regards.Sergios

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 10:30 am #49739

Deleted

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 11:39 am #49741

deleted

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:28 pm #49846
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

The only way I can see you accomplishing this is using an external MailChimp integration (or have a developer use s2Member’s MailChimp integration outside of the regular processes), and have them fire on the first time a User logs in. You can accomplish this by using One-Time Offers.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login)

Note that this will require quite a bit of custom code. I would not recommend you doing this.

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 3:20 pm #49967

Hi!
Thank you for replay.
I am afraid, I have ho chance.
Please point me the code in s2member, where new registered user is added to mailChimps list.
I have to change for user to be in list, but unsubscrubed.
Then I’ll add some code to One-time offers pages to make those user subscribed.
Best regards. Sergios

Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 6:44 pm #50034
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Please point me the code in s2member, where new registered user is added to mailChimps list.

The MailChimp integration is done within s2Member’s List Servers:

http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/list_servers/c_ws_plugin__s2member_list_servers/

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 12:54 pm #50138

Hi!
Thank you for reply. May be I do not understand something.
If we work with a list server (for example, MailChimps), we have two lists of users. One is WordPress & s2member (level0…4) and list keeping in MailChimps. In this case both of those lists must be sincronized.
When I tested s2member with MailChips, sincronization from s2 to MailChimps works without problems. After successful registration, users were added to both of lists, and after removing a user from s2/wordlress list of users, he/she was moved to “unsibscribe” section of the list.
But, when user pressed button “unsubscribe” in the mail or I moved a user to “unsibscribe” section of the MailChimps liist manually, or deleted him/her, nothing happened with s2/wordpress list. Deleted/unsubcribed user is still here and has access to restricted section of our site.
So. We made a link in personal cabinet page, using which, users can self-delete from both lists at once. In future, the “unsubscribe” button it our mails will be pointed to this link.
We still have one question in sincronization when free registered user in both lists and never got to site, so we are not sure that e-mail address is correct and pointed to the right person. So, we think, that we can’t send a mail in this case.
Please explain.
Best regards. Sergios

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 11:36 am #50170
cassel
Username: cassel

There is a plugin that does the synchronization between s2M and MC, so any update on the MC list will be reflected on the s2M

Check it out here:
http://krumch.com/2012/08/24/kc-bidirectional-integration-of-s2member-with-mailchimp/?ap_id=Cassel

I have that on my site and it works flawlessly.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.