latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Max Trial Period 1 Yr on Pro Version

Home Forums Community Forum Max Trial Period 1 Yr on Pro Version

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:27 pm #9519

Hello –

I just upgraded to the Pro version of S2member. I was trying to set up a subscription using Paypal Buttons for 2 years and still get the “Max Trial Period is: 1yr” message when clicking the Generate Button Code.

I can see I have the Pro version as there are more options now and under plugins it states:

Version 120309 + s2Member Pro v120309 | By s2Member® / WebSharks, Inc

I have tried closing the browser completely and re-entering the WordPress dashboard but same thing.

Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:12 pm #9546
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ed,

The 1 year maximum trial period is a limitation imposed by PayPal. Unfortunately there is no way around this. :(

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 1:23 pm #9773

Sorry for my confusion but I guess I am not getting this. I started a thread at http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/adding-a-free-month-to-first-subscription/ regarding free offers. My problem/question cannot be the only one out there – I want to offer a free month when a client sigs up for a year. In other words, they pay a full year-worth but get 13 months of access.

If you see Jason’s reply in that thread, it says “PayPal will charge the customer all at once for the Initial/Trial period of 13 months, because this period does NOT recur under any circumstance. So to answer your question, the charge would be $100 for 13 months of access, then it would recur at the rate of $100/year.”

HOwever, Raam states above that the trial/initial period is max 12 months.

What am I not understanding here? Can I achieve for my clients to pay for a year but get 13 months at the time of sign-up? We do not offer monthly subscriptions, only yearly but would like to offer free time-periods as an attractor. Can this be done? Thank you and sorry if I am a thick-head.

Posted: Monday Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:58 pm #9833
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Kinga,

The original poster was asking how to offer a 2-year free trial period. You’re offering 1-month free trial with 12 months of paid access.

You can certainly offer 1 month free + 12 months of paid access. You can even offer 12 months free. But you cannot offer 13 months free, or 2 years free because PayPal limits the free trial period to 12 months (1 year).

If you combine a free trial of 12 months or less + paid access, that’s fine. It’s just that you cannot offer more than 12 months as a free trial when checking out with PayPal.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 5:22 pm #9968

Raam,

Great, thanks for clarifying. Its really helpful since this has been an issue with WishList, which is what we used before we switched over to S2Member. You have much better support as well. However, we are still trying to sort out the small details so we can get everything working smoothly that’s why I asked. Thanks again.

kinga

Posted: Wednesday Apr 4th, 2012 at 2:24 pm #10048
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Glad to help, Kinga! Thank you for the KUDOS. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.