latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple buddypress registration forms

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple buddypress registration forms

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bojan Kibebe 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 3:20 am #22300

I was wondering if S2member would solve my dilemma. I have two different user types on my buddypress community coaches and athletes and I need them to fill out two different registration forms when signing up for the site. So I’m wondering if s2member will give me the capability to have to two different registration forms and have the filled up information visible in their buddypress member profile?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #22393

I’m wondering about this as well, does the pro version support this?

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 6:30 am #22420

Hi Bojan, Jaime.

What’s different between the two kinds of registration? Is it just a field where they pick which one they are (i.e. coach or athlete), or are the form fields different based on that?

Are you using the BP profile fields to separate the types of user? Do BP fields serve a special function in BP behavior or just store info to display in the profile?

You could use the s2Member pro-forms for registration, but these don’t use the BP profile fields, only the s2Member profile fields.

The s2Member profile fields can be integrated with BuddyPress to show them in the BP registration form or user’s profile, but I think that’s about it.

The pro-forms aren’t available in the free s2Member, but you can test if they profile fields integration would work. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> BuddyPress[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 2:41 pm #22459

Hi Cristian, Yes exactly the form would be different depending on which one they are (coach or athlete). Would pro-forms give me the ability to do that?

Thank you for your help!

Bojan

Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 8:10 am #22546

Yes, if you have each register at a different level (e.g. 1 and 2) then the custom profile field could be specifically for one of those fields only. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Add/Edit Field -> Applicable Membership Levels[/hilite]

This is in the framework, you don’t need Pro to test it.

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 5:04 pm #22594

Well it seems like With the free version of s2Member, if you have BuddyPress installed, you MUST use the BuddyPress registration system, because BuddyPress redirects all requests to the Standard Registration System (i.e. /wp-login.php?action=register).

But just to confirm with you Cristian before I get the pro version.

The pro version of s2 memeber will give the me ability to have two different registration forms with pro forma

The two different forms need to be open registration and completely free of charge (they can be different level 1 -2 but needs to remain free).

And The registration fields will be visible on the users buddypress profile account after filled in.

Sorry for some many questions and I appreciate you taking the time to help.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Bojan Kibebe.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Bojan Kibebe.
Posted: Tuesday Aug 21st, 2012 at 10:06 am #22650
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bojan,

Yes, all of that is correct.

With s2Member Pro, you’ll have access to the Pro-Form Free Registration form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms), which will allow you to create as many free registration forms as you want. Those forms can be configured to sign people up with any level or custom capability without paying.

Also, any Custom Registration Fields that you create can be integrated with BuddyPress (please see Integrate Custom Registration/Profile Fields with BuddyPress? in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields).

Posted: Wednesday Aug 22nd, 2012 at 8:54 pm #22799

Thank you Raam for your help, it seems like S2member Pro will solve what I’m trying to accomplish then. Thank you again for your time!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.