latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple Memberships for same website

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple Memberships for same website

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 5:33 pm #21914

Hello!
My website uses S2 Member to provide memberships to teaching material for a police aptitude test.
I would like to expand my services to include firefighter aptitude testing as well as eventually high school math (different grades), and maybe even SAT preparation for the math portion.

My question is, with S2 Member Pro, can I have 3 levels of membership for each of the police, fire, and high school? (And maybe SAT in the future?) So there would be a level #1,2,3 for police, then a level #1,2,3 for fire, etc.

If not, do I have to create different websites for each purpose? I hope not, because I really like my domain name.

Thanks for your help!
Gillian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:37 am #21984
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gillian,

Your scenario is certainly going to require some complex management, but s2Member can handle it. For your scenario, I would recommend using Custom Capabilities to designate the different types (police, fire, etc.).

So, a member would subscribe to a specific Level and get a specific Custom Capability. All members with the ‘police’ Custom Capability would be for the police material, and that member could be at Level 0, 1, 2, or 3, etc. This way, Levels don’t determine the type (police, fire, etc.) but instead Custom Capabilities determine the type.

With this system, you’d need to make heavy use of the s2Member Advanced PHP Conditionals (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals) to check Levels and Capabilities and only give access to the content associated with each combination (Level 1 & ccap ‘police’; Level 2 & ccap ‘police’; Level 1 & ccap ‘fire’; Level 2 & ccap ‘fire’; etc.).

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 4:32 pm #22028

Thank you, Raam, for your detailed response!
I have reviewed the tutorials for the ccap information and found them very helpful.
Is my impression correct that I can do what I need to do without the PRO version?
Thanks again!
Gillian

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 4:54 pm #22030
cassel
Username: cassel

Gillian, ccaps and conditionals are extremely powerful and not that hard to manipulate. And you can use them with the free version.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.