latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Multiple Pricing Structures

Home Forums Community Forum Multiple Pricing Structures

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:24 pm #29574
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

I have an opportunity, that now presents an issue.

I have my product set at $39.95 per month….keep that in mind please when considering my dilemma.

I have a call center that is promoting my program at $39.95 per month. All of that is working great.

I have another company that wants to resell my product in their call center, but in order for it to work for them financially, they need to charge $100 on the first month and then $39.95 for every month thereafter.

How do I make it work so that I can give my call center a coupon code that offers $39.95 first month and every month thereafter while giving the other call center a coupon code that offers $100 on the first month and then $39.95 per month.

My previous instances with the coupons is that a coupon can ONLY affect either the first month or the recurring billing, but not both. I don’t understand why this is, as it kind of takes the control of pricing away from me, but it is what it is, so I need a way around it.

How would I pull this off?

How would I create two separate pricing structures?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:28 pm #29576
cassel
Username: cassel

Could you create two different pro-forms, one for whoever, and available to all, and one, on a hidden page (not available in the navigation) and give the “special” link to the call center only?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:33 pm #29579
VegasKev

the problem is that the new call center has a higher price, which people probably wouldn’t want to pay if they went to the normal signup page that offers it at $39.95 which is visible and accessible by the banners all over the site….ugh. fml.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:38 pm #29581
cassel
Username: cassel

Good point. I`ll think about it. Maybe someone else can have another idea before i do.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #29582
VegasKev

Thank you Cassell. There has to be a way to make this work. I think it’s kind of foul to have the coupon codes limit my control over pricing so much, but there has to be a way to make it work…..it would be insane to not have a way around this.

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 8:10 am #29634

Hi Kevin.

The first thing that came to mind was also to suggest to separate pro-forms, but I can understand what you say.

Now, how do you plan to use coupons so the new call center shows the higher price while the rest sees the lower one? Or do you mean to have the higher price by default and then lower to the 39.95 one when using the coupon?

If you want the coupon to affect the very first payment, you can use an initial term in your subscription, and then apply the coupon to just that using [hilite mono]ta-only[/hilite] in your coupon’s definition. You can see an example in the coupons documentation. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Coupon Code Configuration File[/hilite]

Another way could be using variables in the shortcode. This article explains that: Knowledge Base » Using variables in a shortcode

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.