latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

new members getting "account suspended"

Home Forums Community Forum new members getting "account suspended"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  ryannagy 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 27th, 2012 at 9:02 am #9211
Jim Stewart
Username: apcrcom

Two members in the last two days have complained that their account is suspended.

I cant figure out why this has occurred. They are both relatively new sign-ups and have both paid through paypal.

Screenshot:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/etheesdad/Screenshot_1-10.png

Can someone please advise how I can prevent this from occurring in future?

Also, how can I reinstate these members?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Jim Stewart.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:41 am #9326
Jim Stewart

Sorry to bump, but I would be hugely grateful if someone could please advise. No idea why this has occurred and the members are emailling me wanting access to the site.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:15 pm #9368
Jim Stewart

Will post in Customer Support Forum.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Jim Stewart.
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:47 pm #9373
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Perhaps go to S2Member > Search Members and see if any of them have banned from logging into from too many IP addresses. If they have been banned for that, you can reset:

Reset IP Restrictions: Yes, delete/reset IP Restrictions associated with this Username.

If some have been banned for that, you can go to Restriction Options > Unique IP Address Restrictions to increase the number of allowed IP’s.

That’s the first thing that comes to mind for me. I am also wondering if their payment was put on hold by Paypal (that sometimes happens with eChecks).

– Ryan

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 5:32 pm #9381
Jim Stewart

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your reply

I had actually checked the IP ban thing for both members. It has not been tripped.

One of the payments was an echeque – but it has cleared?

Jim

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:15 pm #9518
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Have you checked the EOT of the members in question or your paypal log to see if maybe there was an error with the button they used that would be giving them a short or inaccurate membership period?

Dave

Posted: Friday Mar 30th, 2012 at 12:08 pm #9585
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

I cannot remember what happened with my echeck people. I may have had to manually upgrade them or perhaps S2member gave them access.

You asked how to “how can I reinstate these members?”

You have probably already figured that out. But just in case – go to S2MEMBERS > Members and find the person and then choose whatever level they should have. I believe the “suspended” people have simply been downgraded to “subscriber” and you simply need to manually upgrade them.

– Ryan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.